TN End Season Ranked?

Does TN end this season ranked in the final AP or Coaches Poll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we will end up 24th or 25th in the coaches poll, but not ranked in the AP poll most likely. We were 34th in the coaches poll going into bowl week. 3 teams in the 18th to 25th positions all lost pretty badly, plus 26th through 29th all lost as well. Indiana was 29th. That's 7 teams in front of us that lost, plus the other 4 teams ranked 30-33 are all group of 5 schools that didn't have as good of a win as we had, except for FAU I guess.

All that said, I think we end up 23rd-25th.

A lot of Vol fans are out of touch with reality. Dreamers.
I wasn't dreaming when I saw true freshmen, on both sides of the ball, making plays during our bowl win. We improved to 3rd in the East and we have some guys in the new class who should be difference makers. I don't think justified optimism is dreaming.

After the mizzou game I would have thought beating Vandy then winning the bowl would get Tennessee into the top 25, a hot team on a 6 game win streak is not your normal 8-5 team. However the fact that UT didn't look great against a horrible vandy team, and then looked like garbage for the first 53 minutes of the gator bowl, I don't think it will impress pollsters enough. I think the team as a whole played good, but the fact we got some of the worst QB play in the SEC outside of 1 game, it's not enough and is a big concern going into next season. Being able to finish and win a game is of great value, it sets apart the teams that are historically good from those who come and go. The future has promise but this year, 8-5 is still just 8-5 and nowhere near good enough.

Don't know if you've noticed, but even the most pessimistic "negavols" aren't paying stupid posts like that any attention right now.

It can't be denied we are at least heading in the right direction, and one doesn't have as good of a shot being right by posting crap like that as they would have a couple of months ago.

Point is, most of the pessimistic always play it safe with their predictions. Predicting failure isn't as safe as it has been, its becoming stupid.

Don't know if you've noticed, but even the most pessimistic "negavols" aren't paying stupid posts like that any attention right now.

It can't be denied we are at least heading in the right direction, and one doesn't have as good of a shot being right by posting crap like that as they would have a couple of months ago.

Point is, most of the pessimistic always play it safe with their predictions. Predicting failure isn't as safe as it has been, its becoming stupid.
Wise post is wise. Thanks, Behr. I might not always agree with everything you say, but you hit the nail on the head with this one. If you’re ever looking tailgating around G10, food and drinks are on me.

I’d have to look at the rankings real good and don’t feel like doing it right now.

There were two 8-4 teams who were ranked and who both lost so someone has to enter......just not real sure about those teams that were 26-36. If they won then Tennessee probably won’t be.....if some of them lost their bowl, it could be likely Tennessee could be ranked.

VN Store

Back