'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

We’ve been behind the 8 ball for years.
Fact is, we need real coaches and developers this time around. The last staff were noted as top tier recruiters but they obviously had no ability to develop.

Unfortunately, our image is tarnished to the extreme right now. We need someone to prove they can do more with less to then gain the attention of the top tier kids.

Fact is, we need real coaches and developers this time around. The last staff were noted as top tier recruiters but they obviously had no ability to develop.

Unfortunately, our image is tarnished to the extreme right now. We need someone to prove they can do more with less to then gain the attention of the top tier kids.

I agree. It’s hard to believe the previous staff, with their experience, couldn’t develop players. It’s more than that. The system must be user friendly and attractive to prospective recruits. Heupel’s offensive scheme checks the box.

I agree. It’s hard to believe the previous staff, with their experience, couldn’t develop players. It’s more than that. The system must be user friendly and attractive to prospective recruits. Heupel’s offensive scheme checks the box.
It’s early, but I really like Heupels demeanor. Very even keeled and doesn’t appear to be an ego maniac, all this on top of being highly intelligent. Relatable to the kids and has a championship pedigree that should be attractive to recruits. His mannerisms remind me of a certain Coach Cutt.

the developers we had on defense left and were replaced by Neids and a guy Pruitt fired. The good coaches were there but Pruitt lost or fired them.

It’s early, but I really like Heupels demeanor. Very even keeled and doesn’t appear to be an ego maniac, all this on top of being highly intelligent. Relatable to the kids and has a championship pedigree that should be attractive to recruits. His mannerisms remind me of a certain Coach Cutt.

He’s not uptight. We’ve needed to modernize for years. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of a long and successful run.

Oh my word, you nailed it. He even looks like Coach Cutt somewhat.

We won't know for three years. That said, I have zero issues or misgivings about what this staff has done so far... Without paying a down of football yet.. Lol

Thought I’d ask coz I seem to be missing it. How would a school facing sanctions affect a kid that’s in school, getting paid, fed, coached up? Wouldn’t sanctions affect the school more than the top kid getting that scholarship?

Some kids want to play for winning programs. Compete in big national games. Battle for championships...

Fair or not, a program with two decades of irrelevance, two decades of spotty NFL placement, and now looming sanctions on the horizon... That's just not an inviting environment for growth for elite, talented teenagers. Not when they've got so many other options, most being healthier programs on the surface.

VN Store

Back