'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Just want to say two things:

(1) I think the negative analysis of Nolen in this thread is standard sour grapes from losing him. I think he is a great talent, who will be All SEC by his junior year. I'm glad we don't play A&M very often. They are about to get a lot better.

(2) Landing Tyre West does soften the blow a bit. Heupel and staff should be commended for pulling in a respectable class in his first season and while the program is under investigation.

(1) I think the negative analysis of Nolen in this thread is standard sour grapes from losing him. I think he is a great talent, who will be All SEC by his junior year. I'm glad we don't play A&M very often. They are about to get a lot better.

(2) Landing Tyre West does soften the blow a bit. Heupel and staff should be commended for pulling in a respectable class in his first season and while the program is under investigation.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Nobody is soured over this loss.

Get real.

The only question about Nolen IMO is his drive & commitment to be outstanding. The work hasn’t begun yet.
As a full fledged Monday morning QB and a Couch patatoe Coach, I see a lot of quit in Walter but was holding out hope that Garner would be working on him. I now look forward to waxing his butt along with his overall yell squad in the SEC Championship game next year !

As a full fledged Monday morning QB and a Couch patatoe Coach, I see a lot of quit in Walter but was holding out hope that Garner would be working on him. I now look forward to waxing his butt along with his overall yell squad in the SEC Championship game next year !

Fatigue makes cowards of us all. He’s not in shape. That’s the “quit” you reference. He’ll get in shape in Texas or he’ll be gone.

Reactions: VolzMan53

You talking about the gang at Hardee's? I'm glad he didn't sign with us!

Nolen sailed, that boot slide..... I am happy for the kids that came here. With the right portal guys and coaching this team has a chance for Atl. A lot has to happen but that Offense can score on anyone. If we get the defensive help we desire.... oh man it could be a fun ride.

No sour grapes from my end. I see tons of potential but zero heart, zero drive, zero passion to be better. Kid doesn’t have the attitude and mentality to be great. I personally didn’t want to waste a scholarship on him.
With the other big time DTs that A&M signed, I would be surprised if he see the field much at all and he will be a portal guy in 2 years.

Watching him in person a few times, he was a beast against lesser competition. He was not vs Maryville. He has the frame and strength to be a big time player. Whether he has the drive to get there vs SEC OL, remains to be seen. Such is the case with every recruit.

VN Store

Back