'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Right on cue. So let me get this straight, if I comment on something that means it’s important? Take a lap clown shoes.
Lol, says the guy who is still talking about something from Wednesday that nobody else is talking about. Yeah, it was sarcasm, hun....

would sort of set the bar for him, huh?
I’m not criticizing him. Just offering an observation. The low bar technique utilizes the same motor pattern as a leg press due to center of gravity shifting, hence the increased weight. High bar forces a heavier amount of core stabilization so energy is lost stabilizing. A lot of strength coaches don’t have their athletes go “butt to grass,” because unless you’re a catcher you don’t have the need to be explosive in that ROM. I’ve never understood why most people who probably touch a controversial 400lbs wrapped and strapped like they’re Thor call out athletes.

I’m not criticizing him. Just offering an observation. The low bar technique utilizes the same motor pattern as a leg press due to center of gravity shifting, hence the increased weight. High bar forces a heavier amount of core stabilization so energy is lost stabilizing. A lot of strength coaches don’t have their athletes go “butt to grass,” because unless you’re a catcher you don’t have the need to be explosive in that ROM. I’ve never understood why most people who probably touch a controversial 400lbs wrapped and strapped like they’re Thor call out athletes.
was an old man joke.

We got them with JH recruiting Memphis from previous spots, and just hired Mack with his ties there.
It looks like we may be doing better in the Memphis area. We need to be able to get most of their best players for both football and basketball.

Reactions: T Dog
You guys are making a way bigger deal out of a basic observation than those making the observation. Obviously it’s more important for him to be a good football player than a good powerlifter which he is already the first and is obviously very strong. For me I like following powerlifting and strongman and watch a lot strength coaching videos to improve my own technique, where it’s constantly drilled into you that it’s way better for an athlete to train under load through a fuller ROM (in this case it’s just knee level). If that ROM can’t be achieved then lower the weight until it is. Talking about technique in this video is no different than watching game tape and saying a DL came off the ball too high and lost leverage against the OL but y’all are acting like we insulted his family.

Last edited:
You guys are making a way bigger deal out of a basic observation than those making the observation. Obviously it’s more important for him to be a good football player than a good powerlifter which he is already the first and is obviously very strong. For me I like following powerlifting and strongman and watch a lot strength coaching videos to improve my own technique, where it’s constantly drilled into you that it’s way better for an athlete to train under load through a fuller ROM (in this case it’s just knee level). If that ROM can’t be achieved then lower the weight until it is. Talking about technique in this video is no different than watching game tape and saying a DL came off the ball too high and lost leverage against the OL but y’all are acting like we insulted his family.
Yawn

VN Store

Back