'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

If he was supposed to eat space on the interior I’d tell him he was too high but Omari if he sticks on the DL will be rushing the passer. Unbelievably agile for a kid his size

You can rush the passer still as 3-4 DE.
It's no different really than 4-3 DT when rushing the passer. Run game is a different story.

You can rush the passer still as 3-4 DE.
It's no different really than 4-3 DT when rushing the passer. Run game is a different story.
That’s what I’m saying depending on the situation either end can rush the passer. You’re only really worried about coming out of your stance low if you have to go thru a blocker, not around him.

That’s what I’m saying depending on the situation either end can rush the passer. You’re only really worried about coming out of your stance low if you have to go thru a blocker, not around him.
3-4 DE are usually splitting a double team of the OG and OT. So he would need to play low still...

Reactions: de1conley
A 3 technique would at times.Not so much a 5. Which is where I kinda expect him to end up at.

Ben,
The 5 tech still has "gap control ". Which means you'll almost never see them rushing from the outside shoulder unless it was a stunt 😌🇺🇸

Reactions: de1conley
Ben,
The 5 tech still has "gap control ". Which means you'll almost never see them rushing from the outside shoulder unless it was a stunt 😌🇺🇸
There are about 12 different ways you can play a 5. Mainly they set the edge. Rarely want my 5 with B gap responsibility as that will get u burned in a 3-4. But I’m sending him full throttle every time on passing downs. We saw Solomon, Butler, or Bumphus getting after the QB relatively frequently

There are about 12 different ways you can play a 5. Mainly they set the edge. Rarely want my 5 with B gap responsibility as that will get u burned in a 3-4. But I’m sending him full throttle every time on passing downs. We saw Solomon, Butler, or Bumphus getting after the QB relatively frequently

Both of you are right and it always depends upon who you're playing and how you work your alignments.

Reactions: Sleegro
If he was supposed to eat space on the interior I’d tell him he was too high but Omari if he sticks on the DL will be rushing the passer. Unbelievably agile for a kid his size

What you have to understand is that is too high regardless. As a DL at any tech you never stand straight up and gv away your chest. That spin move in the interior is also a NO NO. All he would do is spin into the help. I trained Kyle Phillios and Montori Hughes both of which made it to the NFL. Also had a prospect this yr from Ga Tech Brandon Adams who died in a frat incident. I don't care where you rush from we don't expose our chest. If you do you will get thrown clean out of the club and you won't like it and feel very embarrassed on film day

Reactions: scvolfan7
His hands and agility are what jumps off the page from those reps. I agree with de1 that he looked high in that first highlight. Leverage is so key on the line

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back