'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

Bump for a kid that never lead other teams on, silently committed to multiple teams, or had any shady business around his recruitment.

Bump for a kid that went to the cabin and was turned off by their dirty methods and was reaffirmed in his love for Tennessee.

Bump for a kid that didn't throw another team's hat, rip another team's shirt, or do any type of "look at me" stuff during his commitment. Instead he presents a check to his favorite charity. He squashed his original plan to sign in Feb. after listening to his coaches and teammates, shut down his recruitment and signed early.

My favorite player, and human being, in this class.

Bump for a kid that never lead other teams on, silently committed to multiple teams, or had any shady business around his recruitment.

Bump for a kid that went to the cabin and was turned off by their dirty methods and was reaffirmed in his love for Tennessee.

Bump for a kid that didn't throw another team's hat, rip another team's shirt, or do any type of "look at me" stuff during his commitment. Instead he presents a check to his favorite charity. He squashed his original plan to sign in Feb. after listening to his coaches and teammates, shut down his recruitment and signed early.

My favorite player, and human being, in this class.

Bump for a kid that bleeds Orange.
Bump for the ones that missed out.

Bump for the crew that brought this class through- Memphis Tro and The Double Do.

We in here....

Last edited:
Just spoke with four-star Tennessee defensive line signee Omari Thomas of Braircrest Christian School in Eads, Tenn., here at check-in for the All-American Bowl in San Antonio. He measured in at 6 feet 4 inches, 319 pounds. He'll be playing on the defensive line this week for the East team, and he's wearing jersey No. 37, although he said he's hoping to wear No. 5 for the Vols.

Thomas said he's happy to have the recruiting process behind him. He initially planned to sign in February, but after announcing his commitment to Tennessee on Dec. 9, he said he just decided he was happy with his decision and ready to finalize things with the Vols.

After being a two-way lineman throughout his high-school career, he's looking forward to focusing on the defensive line starting this week. He said he believes working on just one side of the ball will help his development, and he thinks he can be special on the defensive line. Tennessee's coaches have told him they expect him to play multiple positions on the defensive line, and he's hoping to slim down to about 305 pounds by the time he arrives in Knoxville in late May.

He's currently playing for Briarcrest's basketball team — he's missing a few games this week, including a showdown with IMG Academy of Bradenton, Fla., on Saturday, to be here for Saturday's game — and he said he likely will throw shot put again this spring, but he probably won't play tennis again this year. Once basketball season is over, he'll start turning his attention to getting ready for Tennessee, and mostly doing a lot of running, while continuing to throw shot put.

Looking back on the recruiting process, he admitted there were times when Tennessee didn't lead — he said Texas A&M and Auburn, his other two finalists, were up there, and there was one point when he was high on Ole Miss — and there were times when he didn't really have a leader in mind. But he admitted the Vols led for the majority of the time.

We'll have multiple stories on Thomas this week and full coverage from his practices over the next couple of days.
- Callahan

That is such a major metric used these days in finding great prospects. Kids that play multiple sports. He seems to do it all. Should have great footwork.

Also shows an elevated mental capacity to be able to transition between multiple sports and the physical skills required to perform well in each sport. Makes me even more excite to see this young man focus on football and eat OL for breakfast soon!

Underrated and future first rounder.

Gonna be a monster once he focuses on just defense.

In fact I think him, along with Bailey, will end up the jewels of this class. And I really like Lawrence, Hyatt, and a few other players.

We got a good class coming in. ‘20 class getting us to Atlanta.

He made 247’s All Lobby Team at the Army All-American Game.

Omari Thomas, DT, Memphis (Tenn.) Briarcrest Christian

Thomas really impressed when he walked in and out of player check-in and the Tennessee signee carries his weight really well, weighing 319 pounds while measuring 6-4 with 34 1/8-inch arms and 9 ¼-inch hands.
-Brandon Huffman (247)

Please Baby Jesus let there be footage somewhere of him playing tennis. If he tried to serve and volley, the other kid would probably forfeit.

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back