'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

I am afraid he has dug himself into a hole he could not dig out of, IF he wanted to, and I have seen no reason to think it is even in consideration to flip.... I think we should let him know we are open if circumstances did change his mind but invest our time and effort on completing the class without him. Don't like loosing in state talent, but sometimes you just need to move on.
Yeah. He sold his soul to the devil. IE, already spent his money the barns bagmen gave him.

He said he’s excited about the chance to join Tennessee’s other eight in-state commitments in playing for his home-state school.

“You look at LSU, you look at Alabama, you look at Auburn, you look at Texas A&M, you look at Georgia — the majority of their players (are from) that state,” Thomas said. “I mean, of course, Auburn and Alabama have to split players. But it’s Alabama, and the majority of both of those teams are made up of players from Alabama. And then LSU is a prime example. The majority of the LSU team is from Louisiana.

“So I just feel like, if other teams are doing that, why not all Tennessee boys stay together and we can make Tennessee a powerhouse?”

Omari Thomas commits to Vols, ready to 'put on for the state'

Ed Orgeron is completely locking down Louisiana. Some are leaving but by and large he's getting the cream of the crop.
On his post press conference from the SEC title game, he mentioned over and over State Pride and how Louisiana is LSU.

We probably can never do it to that extent, because too many states border TN, but if we get enough of the good ones and of course GA, then we're in business! Pruitt is killing it in Memphis.

Yea, the Memphis trio didn’t give up. I just got off of the phone again, and I can tell you that these Memphis recruits are all watching, being pressured right now.

Don't see any other Memphis prospects outside of Small in this class.

Who are the players in Memphis in 21 class to watch for? Its early but other than Pennington, don't see many on the radar.

0f50c042ff58d4af5eed892d14f24ab0.png

Rivals

Vols offered
Yasss!!!!

Ed Orgeron is completely locking down Louisiana. Some are leaving but by and large he's getting the cream of the crop.
On his post press conference from the SEC title game, he mentioned over and over State Pride and how Louisiana is LSU.

We probably can never do it to that extent, because too many states border TN, but if we get enough of the good ones and of course GA, then we're in business! Pruitt is killing it in Memphis.

He is, and that's a testament to how well we're recruiting.

Tennessee has always been a hard state to "lock down" because all SEC-West schools are closer to Memphis than UT is other than TAMU.

Even Baton Rouge, which is about 8 minutes closer, without even factoring in Nashville traffic.

Knoxville is closer to Raleigh NC than it is Memphis.

“I would say the family environment, just being able to have a good relationship with the coaches and the players who are already there,” Thomas told GoVols247 before publicly announcing his choice. “Plus, being able to have a good relationship with the recruiting class that’s coming in, as well. Then, just being able to know that I can be developed, and then being able to just put on for the state.”

“I never really stopped looking at Tennessee,” he said. “They were one of the top schools on my list, and I never really stopped looking at them. It came down to Texas A&M and Tennessee. And I just prayed about it, hoping God would show me the best place for me, and that’s what he did.”

“I like how they just made me a priority,” Thomas said. “They made me a priority for them. They made me a priority to them, and Coach Pruitt put a lot of coaches on me. He put himself on me, and he just talked to me and he recruited me. And he wanted to make sure that I know I’d have the best opportunity to come in and play and help contribute as a freshman.”

No more visits planned. Still plans to sign in February.

VN Store

Back