'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

I'd like one more Edge rusher to go with Baron. Bailey, Thomas, Hardy, and Oxendine are all big DT/SDE types (which we also need).
I still think they should send the house at Grimes. If he doesn’t work out at DE/LB I think he would still make a good red zone target and we will be in desperate need of one of those once Jennings and Callaway are gone

Reactions: gunner
I still think they should send the house at Grimes. If he doesn’t work out at DE/LB I think he would still make a good red zone target and we will be in desperate need of one of those once Jennings and Callaway are gone

I get what you're saying, but I think Grimes is highly overrated. I just don't see it with him. He looks like a great athlete, but not a football player. Maybe the coaches can fix that. But sometimes, a kid just isn't a football player.

Reactions: LittleVol
I get what you're saying, but I think Grimes is highly overrated. I just don't see it with him. He looks like a great athlete, but not a football player. Maybe the coaches can fix that. But sometimes, a kid just isn't a football player.
You don't have to sink 10 scholarships in to get a higher rated player... so maybe he's not 5* caliber... maybe he is... but he's damn sure worth one scholarship...

We throw out 25 a year and over half of them never see the light of day

You don't have to sink 10 scholarships in to get a higher rated player... so maybe he's not 5* caliber... maybe he is... but he's damn sure worth one scholarship...

We throw out 25 a year and over half of them never see the light of day

True. But when you have as many holes as we have, we can't afford to miss on many. That's why I think it's ridiculous to use one of the 25 on a Long Snapper. But I'm also not sold that we are.

Reactions: LittleVol
This is where I think Pruitt and his staff are going to prove to be good at, evaluating who is most likely to transition to a quality sec player. I like the way our young players are coming on, and even the older players that bought in seem to hitting a new level. GBO!

This is where I think Pruitt and his staff are going to prove to be good at, evaluating who is most likely to transition to a quality sec player. I like the way our young players are coming on, and even the older players that bought in seem to hitting a new level. GBO!

Exactly. This is why Clemson has been as good as or better than Alabama recently, even though their average recruiting ranking is around 10th, while Bama is always #1 or #2. Dabo's staff doesn't seem to miss on many kids. The defection rate is slim. And they find kids who aren't rated as highly with great upside and develop them to that upside. Of course, this cycle, they're just signing who they want, but in the past 5-7 years, they've done a great job of making the most of each initial counter...and even some walk-ons like Hunter Renfro.

The Vols hosted a slew of top targets a week ago and felt very good about how the visits went exiting the weekend. Getting Omari Thomas back on campus for the second time in a month was key, but just as important, was getting Thomas’ family, both his parents and sister who attends Ole Miss, to town. The family really enjoyed the trip and Jeremy Pruitt & Co., did their best to dispel concerns about distance.
vq

True. And McDonald could end up at one of the two ILB spots after adding 15-20 lbs.

You're the only person I've seen say this beside me.
The ILB in the 3-4 is one of the most versatile position in defensive football.

They can blitz, cover deep middle, cover the flat out spy s DT QB, AND lead run support.
This makes the ILB in the 3-4 an EVERY DOWN player. When the formation goes from 3-4 to 4-2 his versatility provides pass coverage while adding more potential of pass- rush

That's the big difference between and ILB vs a ROV or Star. They're an every down position.

McDonald probably also jumps Peterson and starts beside Henry T.
French and Eason will push Crouch and Harrison.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back