'20 TN DL Tre'vonn Rybka (UK commit)

Not the way I remember it. UT recruited him hard as a WR but Cobb was set on being a QB. KY offered as a QB. He signed there and flirted around at QB for a season or so then settled in at WR - the rest is well known. I could be wrong, but that’s the way it was portrayed in the papers as CPF was being honest with him initially. Late in the cycle I believe CPF told Cobb he’d give him a shot at QB but if it didn’t work out he’d have to go to WR.
Exactly how it went I’m a family member and remember the scenario man what time it was to be at alcoa when Bobby Bowden and Phillip fulmer would pull up to the school and I was in middle school when this happened

Reactions: StanfordVol
Incorrect. They made the pitch to him as wr but he didn't want that and we weren't really recruiting him that hard anyway. Toward the end we really pushed for him to flip but it was to late.
Agree to disagree then, although I no longer have total confidence in my memory!

Exactly how it went I’m a family member and remember the scenario man what time it was to be at alcoa when Bobby Bowden and Phillip fulmer would pull up to the school and I was in middle school when this happened
So you confirm that UT wasn’t recruiting him as hard as other schools?

Reactions: rgvol
I’m assuming this is an official visit. Schools only get so many each year, for OU to use one means there’s interest. Idk if people are downplaying him now bc we didn’t get him but obviously he’s a good player if all these schools are pursuing.

I’m assuming this is an official visit. Schools only get so many each year, for OU to use one means there’s interest. Idk if people are downplaying him now bc we didn’t get him but obviously he’s a good player if all these schools are pursuing.

He’s raw but has very good measureables. The biggest concern is his lack of motor, if he keeps his current Smart Car power plant as opposed to moving up to a V-8 he won’t cut it anywhere

It’s also the only 2 times I’ve seen UK beat us for recruits since I’ve been following recruiting. And I’d bet significant money that Rogers doesn’t sign with them. If I had money that is.
Rogers will probably sign with them. They’ve been recruiting the kid before he was in High school and they brought everyone from his hometown into the program so he could play with his 3 best friends. Plus Kentucky is just recruiting on a different level now. They have an eye for talent and they jumped in on him earlier than anyone ever does

Rogers will probably sign with them. They’ve been recruiting the kid before he was in High school and they brought everyone from his hometown into the program so he could play with his 3 best friends. Plus Kentucky is just recruiting on a different level now. They have an eye for talent and they jumped in on him earlier than anyone ever does
Doubtful

It’s possible but like I said I doubt we have a shot with him. Everything I’ve heard is his recruitment is done and he plans on being in Lexington in January to start classes. Same with Rybka. I doubt we jump back into those recruitments
I don’t think he ends up here. But if another school pushes for him after KY tanks he’ll be gone

Good. Better them than Kentucky
Looks like it was all false rumors. Apparently Rybka just told someone he liked Oklahoma a lot and they jumed the gun. I've been scrolling the Kentucky message boards and their guy talked to the analyst for the mid west region and they said he's still locked onto Kentucky

I meant to chime in the other night when yall was talking about rooting for the Sooners. I have always been a closet fan of them no joke. I'm claiming them with you Gucci

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2

VN Store

Back