'20 TN DL Tre'vonn Rybka (UK commit)

It’s also the only 2 times I’ve seen UK beat us for recruits since I’ve been following recruiting. And I’d bet significant money that Rogers doesn’t sign with them. If I had money that is.
I take it you're too young to remember Randall Cobb's recruitment. Fulmer waited too long to offer and KY promised him he could play QB.

It’s also the only 2 times I’ve seen UK beat us for recruits since I’ve been following recruiting. And I’d bet significant money that Rogers doesn’t sign with them. If I had money that is.

Quit playing. You got that podcast money now brosephus!

Clemson is at that level NOW but built their championship program with some classes in the #16 range. Star ratings have been compromised with politics and egg heads making the call. I’ll ride with elite player evaluators...which we have. Never hurts to land those consensus 5 stars, but you have to build a program for them to flock towards...once again Clemson. Beyond the obvious 5 stars, the core of ANY team are the variations of 4 stars and 3 stars. Variations are divided into 4 stars with many offers AND camp appearances, 4 stars with uneven on-field performances (and resulting limited offers) but impressive camps and 4 stars who don’t camp but do dominate in real football and COACHES notice. Same applies to 3 stars. When the difference between a high level 3 star and a borderline 4 is whether Barton Simmons hit the toilet a few too many times, one can grasp the exact science we’re dealing with. You don’t just SUDDENLY load up on name talent and roll. You build a core and PERFORM. Then you can become more selective but never abandon the evaluation portion, because a zero star walk-on like Levi Wallace might be a major key to your season.
Excellent observations. What’s your take on this @Devo182 😀
F366237F-50A6-4F3E-B991-E20E7938FA0C.gif

Fahr Rocker

On a serious note. I do feel like the one guy on the last year of his roster in the most danger is Rocker. I think Wienke maybe, but YAC is safe I think.

Reactions: Catbone

They did beat us for Tim Couch, Mike Pfeiffer, Al Baker - and a few others in the last 30 years....

I'm watching the Creekwood vs Dickson County game. Creekwood is up 7-0 on Dickson County at the half. Been paying attention to Tre'Vonn.. Gonna reserve my opinion until after the game cause I'm biased 😂

Reactions: Pacer92
I'm watching the Creekwood vs Dickson County game. Creekwood is up 7-0 on Dickson County at the half. Been paying attention to Tre'Vonn.. Gonna reserve my opinion until after the game cause I'm biased 😂
Me too. Locks like a smaller Creekwood team is whipping Dickson on both side of the line. Although they tend to run plays away from Rybka, he seems slow.

Me too. Locks like a smaller Creekwood team is whipping Dickson on both side of the line. Although they tend to run plays away from Rybka, he seems slow.

When Harbaugh was talking about teams cheating in recruiting in the SEC something tells me he was thinking about Kentucky. No history to speak of and one decent season but pulls a 5 star top player in the nation from Michigan and this guy who several big name teams seem to be interested in.

Reactions: JacketVol
Wasn't impressed to be honest, not like I thought I would be. He wasn't very aggressive IMO, especially against smaller linemen. He was in on a couple of plays.. Like I said earlier, I could be just biased.

When Harbaugh was talking about teams cheating in recruiting in the SEC something tells me he was thinking about Kentucky. No history to speak of and one decent season but pulls a 5 star top player in the nation from Michigan and this guy who several big name teams seem to be interested in.
You think Jim Harbaugh was thinking of a team that routinely finishes near the bottom of the conference in recruiting as the one that's cheating? Harbaugh's not spending any time worrying about Kentucky. I'm sure he was talking about Alabama, Georgia, etc.

While I can see some of the reasons Rucker has this one high on his in-state list, I feel there's time also to take a step back for a bit.
Crystal ball does say that due to outcome of Nov 10 game, KY fans will be disappointed sometime between 12/18-12/20....#KeepEmInState

Dickson plays butchball on offense which does no favors for the D. Rybka isn't slow for a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE but is only marginally effective as a 4-3 end with no supporting cast or real coaching. It's no surprise that almost all of the talent in that county ends up transferring to Nashville Christian.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I take it you're too young to remember Randall Cobb's recruitment. Fulmer waited too long to offer and KY promised him he could play QB.

Didn't really have anything to do with Fulmer waiting to long. He was seen as an average player. If I remember his story, I think he was a 3 star recruit with only instate offers and Kentucky. Plus, it had a lot to do with Randy Sanders. Randall Cobb is Kentuckys Chris Lofton.

Says more about the disrespect East Tn recruits get. I get the schedule is tougher in middle and west TN but East TN has dominated in the state playoffs. Not just Maryville in 6A and Alcoa in 4a.

Not the way I remember it. UT recruited him hard as a WR but Cobb was set on being a QB. KY offered as a QB. He signed there and flirted around at QB for a season or so then settled in at WR - the rest is well known. I could be wrong, but that’s the way it was portrayed in the papers as CPF was being honest with him initially. Late in the cycle I believe CPF told Cobb he’d give him a shot at QB but if it didn’t work out he’d have to go to WR.

Uninformed I truly am. I will make two observations. He will flirt with Tennessee and other schools. Id be surprised if he doesn't flip to another school. Regarding his play, I remember Coach Pruitt saying one time that wet he watches a prospects film he is looking for a prospect that jumps off the tape as the best player on the field... As an example, Arik Gilbert jumps off his tape to me as one of best prospects on the field for me. With all due respect to the kid, Rybka just looks like a kid that is just bigger than anyone else and doesn't do any thing exceptional . My personal opinion is we can do better

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Not the way I remember it. UT recruited him hard as a WR but Cobb was set on being a QB. KY offered as a QB. He signed there and flirted around at QB for a season or so then settled in at WR - the rest is well known. I could be wrong, but that’s the way it was portrayed in the papers as CPF was being honest with him initially. Late in the cycle I believe CPF told Cobb he’d give him a shot at QB but if it didn’t work out he’d have to go to WR.
Incorrect. They made the pitch to him as wr but he didn't want that and we weren't really recruiting him that hard anyway. Toward the end we really pushed for him to flip but it was to late.

VN Store

Back