'20 TN DL Tre'vonn Rybka (UK commit)

relentless, good pursuit angles, plays smart. gonna be a big man.

curious about his competition level? looks to be the biggest kid on the field in his highlights.

if the coaching staff says he's a take then...

he's a take!
He’s picked up a bunch of offers lately including Bama, LSU, Oregon, Ark, Miss st, etc. He’s likely going to get a big rankings bump this year.

He’s picked up a bunch of offers lately including Bama, LSU, Oregon, Ark, Miss st, etc. He’s likely going to get a big rankings bump this year.
and has he camped? as we all know that contributes to the low ranking and as you were saying... #followtheoffers

Despite the rankings, Dickson defensive lineman Trevonn Rybka is one of Tennessee’s top targets, especially as an in-state guy. Rybka is all of 275 pounds. He doesn’t play on a good team but he’s an excitable, confident kid. He ran track — the 100-meters — this year and held his own in many of the races. Rybka lives with his grandparents, both big UT fans. Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and Kentucky are all involved here, too, but Tennessee seems like the team to beat right now.

-VQ

You can fast forward to the 2:42 mark.

Paraphrased:

Where's Tennessee?
Pretty up there. Haven't really thought where I wanna go yet. Theres a couple schools I like a lot and Tennessee is one of them.

What do you like about Tennessee?
Great defensive coaches. Ansley, Rocker, Pruitt. Feel like they can help me the most.

Coach Rocker?
Great coach. Gonna coach you up but wants to make you a man off the field and prepare you for life after football.

Who's recruiting you hardest?
Kentucky, Oregon, LSU a little.

Do you like the attention?
Love it but don't make it stressful.

Describe your game?
Strengths = size, speed, sthregths. I can make a mistake but react quick enough to fix it.

Who you gonna rely on to make a decision?
Mostly family. Grandma and Grandpa will have a big input. Granddad wants me to go to Tennessee.

Decision?
Mid season maybe.

Early enrollee?
Thought about it but idk

Last edited:

You can fast forward to the 2:42 mark.

Paraphrased:

Where's Tennessee?
Pretty up there. Haven't really thought where I wanna go yet. Theres a couple schools I like a lot and Tennessee is one of them.

What do you like about Tennessee?
Great defensive coaches. Ansley, Rocker, Pruitt. Feel like they can help me the most.

Coach Rocker?
Great coach. Gonna coach you up but wants to make you a man off the field and prepare you for life after football.

Who's recruiting you hardest?
Kentucky, Oregon, LSU a little.

Do you like the attention?
Love it but don't make it stressful.

Describe your game?
Strengths = size, speed, sthregths. I can make a mistake but react quick enough to fix it.

Who you gonna rely on to make a decision?
Mostly family. Grandma and Grandpa will have a big input. Granddad wants me to go to Tennessee.

Decision?
Mid season maybe.

Early enrollee?
Thought about it but idk

So Tennessee isnt recruiting him very hard? Strange.

Not a commit watch, unfortunately

Also in town this weekend is defensive line target Treyvonn Rybka, who is coming up with his high school coach. Rybka is a prospect primed for a ratings bump as more and more eyes see the Dickson County product. He last visit UT in February for a Junior Day, where he picked up an offer the day before. Kentucky is a real factor here, but Tennessee will look to continue to build on some early momentum in Rybka’s recruitment. The 3-star lineman currently has no plans to make a decision the summer.
—VQ

It wasn't Dickson County standout Tre'Vonn Rybka's first time at Tennessee, but Friday's visit was more personal. The visit was to the point and a great chance to see and interact first-hand with the Tennessee staff.

"We basically toured again and hung out with coach (Tracy) Rocker and Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt," Rybka told Volquest. "It was good to just spend time with them and talk about things. Coach Rock came by my school yesterday, so it was a chance to see him again."

The time with defensive line coach Tracy Rocker is pivotal because the former Outland Trophy winner will be the one in charge of coaching and getting the most out of Rybka. "We talked about how I could play there and how good I can be at Tennessee," Rybka said. "He likes that I play hard and fast. He's a super caring person. He loves to watch someone play and grow on the field, but loves to watch them grow off the field as well. "He's definitely like another dad. I have a pretty good relationship with him."

Rybka was joined by one of his teammates, his head coach and an assistant coach from Dickson County. They all sat down and ate lunch with Pruitt which included chicken, burgers and M&M Ice cream sandwiches. The conversation between Rybka and Pruitt was more than solid as the second-year head coach made his case as to why he needs Rybka to stay in state.

"He told me he needs me as an in-state guy," Rybka said. "He doesnt' want to lose me to an out of state team. We talked for a while. He just kept talking about me about coming to Tennessee. That was the biggest topic just trying to get me to commit." "I saw on coach Rock's office his board and he had me, Big O, and Jay and another dude high on the list," Rybka said. "He said those are the guys that he wants in-state in this class."

Rybka speaks regularly with area recruiter and running backs coach David Johnson, defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley to go along with Rocker and Pruitt. He plans on visiting next month for camp where he hopes to spend more time with players to get a 'good feel' for how things are as a player at Tennessee. Rybka will be in Murfreesboro tomorrow to take part in the OTA event at Oakland. He will also grind at the Opening event in Murfreesboro later this month.

- VQ

VN Store

Back