'20 TN DL Marcus Henderson

any guess on where he ends up? seems like nobody’s really pushing for him that hard.
I really don't understand why. His film is good, technique is good. He's a mile ahead of where K. Miller is right now. (But doesn't look like he'll be in the class) Could be something off the field.

I really don't understand why. His film is good, technique is good. He's a mile ahead of where K. Miller is right now. (But doesn't look like he'll be in the class) Could be something off the field.
Could be the plays the coaches see that aren't in the highlights. I don't know though.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
K Miller is pancaking about 95% of his blocking assignments so Henderson must have special powers and leap tall buildings with a single bound.

K Miller is pancaking about 95% of his blocking assignments so Henderson must have special powers and leap tall buildings with a single bound.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Miller with some weight loss and work, a couple of years down the road he could be really good.

Right now he just walks up to guys probably half his size and puts them on the ground. That's cool but he won't be able to do that do SEC defensive linemen. And right now his pass blocking technique is just bad. But like I said I do love his potential. And I think the coaches do too but it's worth noting they pushed him not to sign so they could leave spots open.

MH3 has great fundamentals and plays with a mean streak. He has all the big offers, looks like most aren't commitable but I think whoever gets him, Arky or Ole Miss it looks like, will be getting a 2 year starter at worst. Just my opinion.

Does he have the feet for OT? Probably gets projected as an OG for a reason.

Havent saw where he projects as OG. Only DT and OT....(hence his value)

If staff is thinking OL for him, I think his size seems to be more suited for a developing OT. We're razor thin at that position, especially considering we signed all OG's and OC this cycle....you're right though, feet/athleticism is more important at OT than OG....I thought he fit the mold after watching his hudl.......

A seasoned OL coach will always explain that it's much easier for a tackle to play guard, than a guard play tackle. OT is the 2nd toughest position on offense to play...

Last edited:
4_7503224.jpg

6'5" | 300 LBS | OT
MEMPHIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL
MEMPHIS, TN
CLASS OF 2020

Rivals.com

Marcus Henderson, Memphis University School, Offensive Tackle

[hudl]

[twitter]

I‘m pretty sure Henderson’s playing in the Under Armour All-American game on January 2nd with Darnell Washington and Bryn Tucker.

Sign, play at OT......definitely want.....actually as much or more than Hardy!
Ummm, did you click on the wrong thread? Maybe watch the wrong highlights? I mean the general consensus is that he is overrated by the recruiting services. He didn't sign on ESD possibly because he wasn't going to have a spot at a school at the level that he wanted. UT not really pursuing much any more unless I missed something, which is possible.

And P.S. Hardy looks like a completely different prospect than Henderson. Hardy is a stud.

Henderson one of the few uncommitted unsigned kids here. He said that he will take an official visit to Alabama on Jan. 24 and then he will probably get to either Oregon or Tennessee before National Signing Day. FSU and Mike Norvell also trying to get him on campus. Henderson took an official visit to Arkansas right before the dead period. He has also been to Missouri.
247 from AS game

247 from AS game
@secking You know anything about this kid? Odd to schedule 2 late OVs to schools that ostensibly aren't interested in him.

Feels like either we or someone else is slow playing him, otherwise I feel like Arkansas or Mizzou would've pushed him to sign last week.

@secking You know anything about this kid? Odd to schedule 2 late OVs to schools that ostensibly aren't interested in him.

Feels like either we or someone else is slow playing him, otherwise I feel like Arkansas or Mizzou would've pushed him to sign last week.
Honestly I don’t. First time I saw him mentioned, always good to have a 4 star visit

He has an official visit lined up with Alabama. FSU just offered him. To say that we don't want (or shouldn't want) is ridiculous. This would be a great addition to our class.

VN Store

Back