'19 TN DL Bill Norton

Not that I’m worried, but Pruitt needs to sign at least 3-4 high profile D linemen in this class. I know we have Middleton and Cox, who are both big bodied guys, but after this season the d line cupboard is pretty bare. After Tuttle Kongbo Phillips Bain and A Johnson leave, we’ll have:
soph Emerson DE
junior K Bennett DE
soph Lawless NT
junior Crosby NT
senior Gooden NT
soph K Harris DE
soph K Garland DE
soph J Mincey DE

A couple guys like Norton and Pickering would be a huge help, maybe get on the radar of a top DT too...

Take Crosby off that list. If he leaves the OL...it’ll be off campus.

Reactions: 1 person
Did he comment about Emerson? About whether he moves back to defense i mean.

good question. i would think so??? i seem to remember that they practiced him there on the O line so they could have an evaluation of him for a "just in case" type scenario later in the year, not that it was permanent....

good question. i would think so??? i seem to remember that they practiced him there on the O line so they could have an evaluation of him for a "just in case" type scenario later in the year, not that it was permanent....

Hope so. I feel pretty good about having Phillips/Emerson, Kongbo/Butler at DE.

Ron,

Anything else from the chat worth noting from last evening?

Not a lot. Price still thinks UT's in a good spot for Crouch and said he might be committing this summer. QB recruiting for '19 class should heat up next month after camp. Sounds like they will have some QB's come throw and push for their favorite.

Did he comment about Emerson? About whether he moves back to defense i mean.

They think he moves back to DL.

Reactions: 5 people
Not a lot. Price still thinks UT's in a good spot for Crouch and said he might be committing this summer. QB recruiting for '19 class should heat up next month after camp. Sounds like they will have some QB's come throw and push for their favorite.

They think he moves back to DL.

I’m hoping Bumphus moves back to DL to be honest...I’d love this depth chart in 19:

E: Butler-Bumphus
T: Gooden-Lawless
E: Emerson-Middleton

That’s pretty badass IMO

I’m hoping Bumphus moves back to DL to be honest...I’d love this depth chart in 19:

E: Butler-Bumphus
T: Gooden-Lawless
E: Emerson-Middleton

That’s pretty badass IMO

I kinda thought they’d have moved him already considering Pruitt recruited him for defense at Bama. Can’t imagine there’s much room in that TE room with Anderson, Pope, Wolf, Warren, Brown, Craig..and Lowe and Brown incoming in 2019.

Just have to be sure with Pacers in that area because of Murray State. Lol. I did ROTC at UTM. My friend and former HS QB set a few records at UTM as well.

Gotcha...I figured that's what it was...

Yep, I am an alum....played baseball there...

Did ROTC in high school and loved it!

I kinda thought they’d have moved him already considering Pruitt recruited him for defense at Bama. Can’t imagine there’s much room in that TE room with Anderson, Pope, Wolf, Warren, Brown, Craig..and Lowe and Brown incoming in 2019.

And Ja'Quain Blakely...unless he's been moved back...

Another Botch-ed recruit.

His highlight tape wasn't good at all. I remember watching him stand straight up on the dline and just stand there not moving. I'm not sure he played oline and if he did he was limited. That is not a position he is going to learn in one offseason.

Except he did not beat Pruitt, he beat Saban, but let's not let the facts cloud our otherwise pristine perspective.

Depends on how you look at it. I see CJP defense allowing Auburn to score and get in FG position. Or you could argue that Bamas offense sucked

His highlight tape wasn't good at all. I remember watching him stand straight up on the dline and just stand there not moving. I'm not sure he played oline and if he did he was limited. That is not a position he is going to learn in one offseason.

I know he was raw, but I thought that is what great coaches do..teach raw players how to do basic things.

VN Store

Back