'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

He choose Auburn because of their engineering program and him really liking how the campus is set up. He's a very smart kid that's happens to be a good football player. I know it can really hurt or bother you when your team don't get a recruit you actually want especially someone in your state. Trust me I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan so I feel where you guys are coming from. He should have waited until February period to decide on his team before making a commitment to anyone like his initial plan was so all of this could have been avoided. Things could have been handled better in my opinion but I support him with his decision. I do feel like Tennessee Football program is on a rise and with all the new coaches joining the SEC West. I don't see Gus surviving but again that's my opinion. I did tell you guys I would reveal who I am once he signed. He's my first cousin.
Thanks for coming back with a statement and divulging who you are. I may be reading a bit much in between the lines but I get the impression you're not happy about this and, dare I say it, embarrassed... One other thing I'll add, you have to know the main reason for the level of anger here is not that he simply chose another school...

It's funny to me, sue me.
I don't know, the whole "tree of woe" thing just seemed to be a bit melodramatic to me..

Edit: Nothing wrong with questioning AV's predictive stats. IMO, you just 'beat the dead horse' on that subject a bit much. BGS's schtick, on the other, has grown old and is trollish, again IMO...

Last edited:
I don't know, the whole "tree of woe" thing just seemed to be a bit melodramatic to me..

Edit: Nothing wrong with questioning AV's predictive stats. IMO, you just 'beat the dead horse' on that subject a bit much. BGS's schtick, on the other, has grown old and is trollish, again IMO...
Like many things I post, the Thulsa Doom references are an attempt at comedic hyperbole.

I found out he signed this morning and I can understand why I kept it away from everyone. I don't know many 17 year olds that can handle the pressure from most or the people around you. Seen it happened with many recruits but never really understood until now.
You know this isn’t true. He intentionally led our coaching staff along with the help of Auburn and Garner. If it was the pressure thing from local people, then either wait and sign NSD, or better yet, sign on ESD and at least tell Tennessee’s coaching staff that you have signed with another school and can’t be recruited anymore. This was malicious, and the only reason the cat got out of the bag was either the poster who posted the screenshot that he had signed, or Austin Price posting that he had already signed.

I really don’t GAF what you say or anyone else for that matter. Fact is y’all are pissed at BGS for pointing out the obvious. He’s a good dude like everyone has said over and over again but his info HAS absolutely been off for the last 2 cycles. Let him defend himself if he sees the need. Don't come at me with this BS because the truth makes you mad.

Actually his info appears to be spot on to what the coaches had in this case. Jeremy Pruitt would have had the same info.

Last edited:
He choose Auburn because of their engineering program and him really liking how the campus is set up. He's a very smart kid that's happens to be a good football player. I know it can really hurt or bother you when your team don't get a recruit you actually want especially someone in your state. Trust me I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan so I feel where you guys are coming from. He should have waited until February period to decide on his team before making a commitment to anyone like his initial plan was so all of this could have been avoided. Things could have been handled better in my opinion but I support him with his decision. I do feel like Tennessee Football program is on a rise and with all the new coaches joining the SEC West. I don't see Gus surviving but again that's my opinion. I did tell you guys I would reveal who I am once he signed. He's my first cousin.
You don’t have to be a “very smart” kid to know you can’t sign with two teams. Or to know you are lying. It doesn’t matter if his mama or Gus or Garner tells him to keep everything a secret, he’s committing an NCAA violation and wasting the time of the coaches who left THEIR families to see your son in person. He had many chances to do the right thing. Surely he knows what that is.

A perfect Twilight Zone ending for this is if he is forbidden from signing with Auburn or UT. Then he has to find a school at the last minute that happens to have scholarships and is willing to overlook these red flags. Lane Kiffin would come to mind.

A perfect Twilight Zone ending for this is if he is forbidden from signing with Auburn or UT. Then he has to find a school at the last minute that happens to have scholarships and is willing to overlook these red flags. Lane Kiffin would come to mind.

Even better, he transfers to UT in a couple of years, and the RF acts like this never happened, and goes on about how great this young man is....

Even better, he transfers to UT in a couple of years, and the RF acts like this never happened, and goes on about how great this young man is....
Cade Mays aside, I don’t see that happening. At least Mays signed and wouldn’t allow them in the home beforehand.

Hell naw. He handled his recruitment way worse than Mays. I never want to see Hardy in Knoxville. He’s not welcome.
I'll take anyone that helps us win. Tired of not winning so I can see myself not giving a crap. Also, for those who dont live recruit to recruit, I dont know his story nor give a crap. So I can one day, welcome him back like I never knew a thing.

Tennessee's engineering program is ranked higher than auburn's. What he liked was the off campus atm.

Well your cousin is a first class scumbag, IMO. I don’t say that just because he chose Auburn, but because this isn’t how a person of quality character handles himself.

Him avoiding the staff at the game suggests that he knew he could get in trouble if it went that far.
Sounds more like he was ready to do another interview where he said "the staff never spoke to me".
Trying real hard to make them sound bad seems to be part of the intent. Also sounds very Auburn-esque.
I wish Price had interviewed him and Hardy would have responded with something like that. I would have loved to hear Hardy's response when Price released that he definitely had signed in Dec. How does the kid even say "I didn't sign?" I wonder what his friends think. These kids understand the recruiting process and normally wish others well (even the ones being recruited hard by us). There is no defense for his behavior for sure. After publicly saying he wanted to hear more from the coaches the NCAA should definitely get involved.

As I said in an earlier post, I never understood why everyone was so obsessed with Hardy. He's a really good high school player and has a chance to be a really good college player. But it's not as though he's the greatest player on the board. For reasons I never understood, his recruitment took on a Gruden or Scroggins interest for reasons that escape me.

He’s obviously not that smart if he can’t spell his own name right

Well your cousin is a first class scumbag, IMO. I don’t say that just because he chose Auburn, but because this isn’t how a person of quality character handles himself.

Prime example
v6munbmd8veyqj2xgjfp

giphy-20.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back