'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

If he doesn't sign in the next 2 days... 80%
40%

And that's huge for a recruit commited to Auburn. I'm not willing to go higher bc Auburn has traditionally done what it takes to secure kids they want and this has been a shady recruitment. Always bet on Auburn in shady recruiting. Kid is a great talent for sure but this has been a total crap show.

Then I have the same questions about RJ Perry. I get taking 3 DL every year because you play with 3, but taking a 4th with the numbers on next year's roster is puzzling. Unless the staff thinks all four can play right away, in which case RJ Perry would be the most underrated player in quite a while.
They need time to develop and honestly our DL recruiting has not been good enough until this class. Gotta keep pouring it on and let them develop 1-2 years and maybe then we have a DL capable of getting us to Atlanta and beyond. Talent isn't there yet...but getting coached up.

He’s at a BB tournament in FL. If his SM posts suggest anything, he’s not flipping.
Even out of state, he still could have been sent the papers and signed. That is not an unusual situation at all. But I haven't seen anything which leads to believe that he is going to sign with Tennessee.

Mccallie has the only fax machine in the south east.
Something has definitely held him back from signing with Auburn. It's not simply being at a basketball tournament in Florida. I'm positive that the Auburn staff made sure he had the papers. Coaches don't want players with ties to other schools to linger. They want them in the fold as soon as possible. Jay Hardy has the papers.

VN Store

Back