'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

If he waits that long he'll likely lose his spot IMO.
Not a chance. Even if it plays out that way, with our needs on the DL he’s a guy you save a spot for.

But like Gucci said, this will probably be done long before we get to that point.

I don’t believe this. Playing the game.
I am not sure that it will go that long either. However, if it does I do not blame the kid. His recruitment didn’t start rolling until about 9 months ago. He played basketball during the winter and a good portion of the spring. If he wants to enjoy it he should. Only get to do it once

Not a chance. Even if it plays out that way, with our needs on the DL he’s a guy you save a spot for.

But like Gucci said, this will probably be done long before we get to that point.
What if the staff identifies someone else that they perceive equal or better that's ready to jump on board earlier? I get the feeling this staff doesn't mess around and will take players that are fully committed over other higher rated players. Maybe he jumps on earlier. Maybe the staff holds a spot for him.

What if the staff identifies someone else that they perceive equal or better that's ready to jump on board earlier? I get the feeling this staff doesn't mess around and will take players that are fully committed over other higher rated players. Maybe he jumps on earlier. Maybe the staff holds a spot for him.
Then you take both, and clear space elsewhere. Strongly doubt we wouldn’t make room for a top 100 DL .

Then you take both, and clear space elsewhere. Strongly doubt we wouldn’t make room for a top 100 DL .
Problem with that logic is we don't know how the staff views him. They don't seem to place a lot of value in recruiting service rankings. They might like a top 300 player better.

Problem with that logic is we don't know how the staff views him. They don't seem to place a lot of value in recruiting service rankings. They might like a top 300 player better.
So we don’t know how the staff views him, yet we still think it’s “likely” he loses his spot if he waits?

Interesting.

We don't know how the staff views him but we still think his spot is "100% secure" regardless of how long he drags it out?
Haha, touché. Can’t know for sure, probably shouldn’t have said no chance because who really knows what the staff is thinking.

That said, with our needs I’d still strongly doubt you turn away an in-state consensus top 150 DL, regardless of what else we have committed.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Haha, touché. Can’t know for sure, probably shouldn’t have said no chance because who really knows what the staff is thinking.

That said, with our needs I’d still strongly doubt you turn away an in-state consensus top 150 DL, regardless of what else we have committed.
You may be very well correct. All I'm saying is this staff views recruits differently than what we're use to seeing. There are a few players they're willing to seem to wait on but they are very select with those. They don't seem to be as patient with some as others. Maybe Hardy is one they're willing to wait on, maybe not. I guess it depends on other's interest.

I am not sure that it will go that long either. However, if it does I do not blame the kid. His recruitment didn’t start rolling until about 9 months ago. He played basketball during the winter and a good portion of the spring. If he wants to enjoy it he should. Only get to do it once
He’s already committed somewhere. Just saying

Von Bell was one where Dooley dropped the ball big time. I don't think he even visited the kid's high school.
You would be correct. Spoke with Vonn’s dad one day at my home golf course. He would have been a Vol if Dooley made any effort. Said Butch worked hard to try to sway him from OSU but it was too little, too late.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You would be correct. Spoke with Vonn’s dad one day at my home golf course. He would have been a Vol if Dooley made any effort. Said Butch worked hard to try to sway him from OSU but it was too little, too late.
Probably worked out best for Vonn. He would have been underdeveloped and wasted here probably.

Looking at 247, we don’t have any SDE committed. There is no way the staff would pass on Hardy.
Long time between now and signing day. A whole season to play. A good season and many new highly ranked players will be interested. Lots of factors in play.

Facts
Kid is a VOL
Staff loves him..
Case Closed

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back