'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Liked the RTI podcast on Friday considerably more than usual. Breaking down the recruiting class, Brandon was on point and insightful. Nathaniel stammered less and took less air time to complete his echo of his broadcast partner.

Whew, the RTI podcast? It’s like the middle school AV Club of UT podcasts.

Going to come down to the wire I was told last night. I came home to Chattanooga for Christmas to see my parents and sister and a lifelong friend of mine for over 35 years came over last night to see me while I'm in town from Florida for the holidays. My friend is a probation officer Supervisor in Chattanooga for last 25+ years and he knows pretty much everybody plus he was one of the best baseball players to ever come out of Chattanooga IMO.

He knows Jay brother, cousins and uncle. He told me that his uncle told my friend that Jay was interested in Bama at first and Saban visited him but Saban put pressure on him and told him he had to commit early in the process or they were moving on and Jay wasn't no where near committing at that time and he didn't like that he told me. He did tell me Jay is under extreme pressure to go to UT from everybody who knows him and my friend told me he was really surprised himself also when he committed to Auburn but he feels like this one is going to go down to the wire and he told me don't be surprised if he stays with Auburn or flips as nobody really knows right now. Just relaying what I was told and don't shoot the messenger.

Tl;dr spicy “insider” take: it’s either UT or Auburn, no one knows. #dontshootthenessenger #insider #blessed247

Wow, this is the type of “insider” information for which I pay $0.00 a month here at VN.

Personally I find it a bit comforting to know that somebody with info that sounds pretty legit confirms we're neck and neck heading toward the finish line. But if you find comfort in being a jerk, have at it.

Honestly, we've lost more than our share of kids we felt certain would be Vols to the tigers. It's about time we pull the rug out from under them for a change. Hardy signs with the good guys on signing day.
This gets me thinking back a little bit... who was that JUCO DT who was verbally committed to Tennessee early in Butch Jones's tenure and even reaffirmed his commitment the night before flipping to Auburn? I can't remember his name, but he was kind of a bust at Auburn.

What was the deal a year or two that Doug said was 90% done and it stayed that way for what seemed like 2 months?

Just get the feeling if he really wanted to go to Auburn he would’ve signed early, and that he just was putting the staff on notice that he wasn’t feeling the love he thought he deserved from them.

I just get the feeling if he realy wanted to go to Tennessee he would not have committed to Auburn. So who knows?

I just get the feeling if he realy wanted to go to Tennessee he would not have committed to Auburn. So who knows?
Circumstances can change, and so can a recruit's feelings. Cade Mays and Tee Higgins both committed to Tennessee before they signed with their current schools. Does that mean they aren't happy at Georgia and Clemson, respectively? Of course not.

Reactions: LittleVol
Circumstances can change, and so can a recruit's feelings. Cade Mays and Tee Higgins both committed to Tennessee before they signed with their current schools. Does that mean they aren't happy at Georgia and Clemson, respectively? Of course not.
I work with my sons high school football team. 8 years worth. Painting the field, pulling the equipment trailer, repairing locker room.....and so on. It taught me that these young men are not thinking at all. Understanding what they’re not thinking is close to impossible

VN Store

Back