'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Apparently not well enough, or we'd be doing better at this. You'd think we could afford at least one five star.

If pay is equal or close then it comes down to who has been the more successful program and put more guys in the league over the last 5-10 years.

Tennessee has been a bottom tier program during that time. The people who think we should just be entitled to big name recruits because Tennessee are dead wrong.

It just makes the job this staff is doing that much better. It shows we have elite recruiters We just have to deal with the fact that we are going to have top 10-15 classes until the in the on the field results happen.

Congrats to Hardy and the rest of McCallie on their 28-7 win over MBA for the state championship. McCallie defense with 9 sacks (Hardy had a few). Irritated that he isn’t coming to TN though.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Quote from McCallie DL Jay Hardy
@_Chilloutjay
, who had 2 of McCallie’s record-setting 9 sacks, as he was posing with his team after tonight’s state title, “War Eagle baby! Won a state championship this year gonna win a natty next year.

@_Chilloutjay
, who had 2 of McCallie’s record-setting 9 sacks, as he was posing with his team after tonight’s state title, “War Eagle baby! Won a state championship this year gonna win a natty next year.

giphy.gif

Ditto but evidently AU has been able to convince kids that it's possible and we haven't. Maybe the staff could convince some of these elite prospects that, if they come here, they could play for a championship by their Jr or Sr year. Unfortunately, asking people to wait a couple of years when they're used to picking up a smart phone and having anything they want show up on their front porch within 24 hours seems to be a nonstarter.

Reactions: tatervol

I did not watch every snap of the game, but did watch a lot of it. He is obviously a big dude, and you cannot fake size, but did anyone else who watched see a dominant presence that you usually associate with a guy getting the attention he is?

I am sorry he does not want to be a VOL, and will watch out of the corner of my eye his career, would expect him to benefit from the training table and weight room and improve as he completes the maturation process, but I am not seeking the quickest path to the Henley Street bridge. This is my first viewing of live or film on him and will admit I have little experience watching the private school divisions so I don't really know how to value the competition he faced last night.

This saga has put him in the limelight and guess I will just have to compare his impact to those guys we sign this year along the DL. AU wants him and we wanted him so I know there has to be some reasons..... They have a couple of studs there now so I have to figure they have some good evaluation skills.

Back to the original question, those who watched, did you see a guy with more of a possibility or a probability of high level SEC performance? Just did not see a "Man among boys" performance; maybe I just did not want to...what say you?

@_Chilloutjay

I wouldn't take his commitment right now. Dead serious. We need to completely move on for this scumbag.

My post from one month ago still applies. We need to move on.

VN Store

Back