'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

My wifes grandparents are boosters for GA. After some bum ass game, we were in this little gameday condo building, which is decked out UGA from top to bottom and looks like a camel diarrhea'd all over the wall, and AJ Green popped in. It was kinda cool just chillin and then the guy that owns said condo gave AJ a wad of cash for "dinner and the rest of the evening". AJ left soon after. This is the norm.
A former employer of mine, who was a KY booster and who owned several locations, in several states, but were based out of Kentucky, told me and my supervisor at the time(who was also from KY and a fan), “did you know Andre Patterson is working at our Lexington warehouse now?” My supervisor responded with, really? What’s he doing there? The owner looked at him like he was stupid and said “aww hell Doug, he ain’t doing nothing, he just drives over every Friday and picks up a check!”
GBO!!

Not surprised. I'm beginning to think the VR2 gang is like Sab and just gets their info from Callahan and the VQ.
VR2 literally does interviews, on video. Unless they are magicians with photoshop, pretty sure they are interviewing kids. Now, it's not exactly hard hitting 60 minutes type interviews. but hey, we cant all be Geraldo Rivera, amirite??

Now VR2 is saying he is signing in December.
I’m not meaning this in a rude or confrontational way. I am just asking for my reference on when we reported that he was signing in December? It has been a pretty wild week so far. I know we talked about Auburn pushing for Hardy to sign in December, and at one point he was planning to, but I don’t recall putting it out there as breaking news. That stuff changes constantly. Jabari Small just told me a couple of different times he could sign in one 8 minute phone interview.

Not surprised. I'm beginning to think the VR2 gang is like Sab and just gets their info from Callahan and the VQ.
I could see why you think. I wonder if the 10 first hand gathered content pieces that they’ve released since December 1 are all fabricated or stolen from VQ or 247? I wonder if all the games they cover on Friday nights are just made for fun? I wonder if a single one of those guys over there care about doing this the right way to make a name for themselves?

I could see why you think. I wonder if the 10 first hand gathered content pieces that they’ve released since December 1 are all fabricated or stolen from VQ or 247? I wonder if all the games they cover on Friday nights are just made for fun? I wonder if a single one of those guys over there care about doing this the right way to make a name for themselves?
1575514311859.gif

I’m not meaning this in a rude or confrontational way. I am just asking for my reference on when we reported that he was signing in December? It has been a pretty wild week so far. I know we talked about Auburn pushing for Hardy to sign in December, and at one point he was planning to, but I don’t recall putting it out there as breaking news. That stuff changes constantly. Jabari Small just told me a couple of different times he could sign in one 8 minute phone interview.

RTI and VR2 Recruiting podcast 12-2

Considering Matt from VR2 is a good friend of mine, I can assure you that you’re way off base here. Dude puts in a lot of time on the road and a lot of interactions personally with some of our big targets.

We all know what a teen recruit says from interview to interview is subject to the whims of what said teen feels at that time. When ESD arrives, we'll see what happens. Maybe Hardy signs, maybe he waits. Who tf knows because these guys change their minds constantly.

RTI and VR2 Recruiting podcast 12-2

Some paraphrase here but “If there is a visit from Jay it will be in January.” (Long spill about communication) then .. “He kicked around the idea of signing in February and then it was December.” Talk about visit highs and commitment Highs playing a part of that. Then, “Let’s be clear. It was Tennessee for a long, long time. Tennessee is still sitting there with a chance to get back in this if they can get him back on campus in January with some guys he knows like Harrison Bailey, Cooper Mays, etc. if it is January, and he doesn’t sign, and they get him up there with some of those guys that are already in school that he knows, that will be their chance to make a move.” I guess the “If he doesn’t sign or then it was December” could have caused some confusion. The then it was December content was meant in a way that he has bounced it around multiple times. Auburn worked pretty swiftly in pulling him away from Tennessee, and they still have almost two weeks to convince him to sign during the early period. So my apologies for any mix up on that end.

Some paraphrase here but “If there is a visit from Jay it will be in January.” (Long spill about communication) then .. “He kicked around the idea of signing in February and then it was December.” Talk about visit highs and commitment Highs playing a part of that. Then, “Let’s be clear. It was Tennessee for a long, long time. Tennessee is still sitting there with a chance to get back in this if they can get him back on campus in January with some guys he knows like Harrison Bailey, Cooper Mays, etc. if it is January, and he doesn’t sign, and they get him up there with some of those guys that are already in school that he knows, that will be their chance to make a move.” I guess the “If he doesn’t sign or then it was December” could have caused some confusion. The then it was December content was meant in a way that he has bounced it around multiple times. Auburn worked pretty swiftly in pulling him away from Tennessee, and they still have almost two weeks to convince him to sign during the early period. So my apologies for any mix up on that end.

Dont apologize Matt. We know what happened with RG and the Cabin. 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰. There was actually some chatter than TN turned Auburn in to the NCAA over this because it was so obvious

Gotcha...I heard he kicked around signing in February but it’s December. Thanks for taking the time to go back and clear it up.

Gotcha...I heard he kicked around signing in February but it’s December. Thanks for taking the time to go back and clear it up.
it’s not a problem. I try to do this as right and credible as I can. Can’t make it if not. Have to put in the time to make something work. Appreciate you for listening to the podcast. Having a mail bag edition on Sunday that should be fun!

Dont apologize Matt. We know what happened with RG and the Cabin. 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰. There was actually some chatter than TN turned Auburn in to the NCAA over this because it was so obvious

I have not heard that. Maybe even the threat will back them off and even why they sent the low level coach to see Thomas.

Apparently not well enough, or we'd be doing better at this. You'd think we could afford at least one five star.
Or two, as in last cycle; not to mention Henry T, who...if that guy isn't a 5*, no one is.

And before you say THIS cycle...has signing day come, and I missed it?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back