'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

Final explanation, only because this thread serves as a perfect example for future potential recruits and how VN plays a role. A lot of us donate to Spyre. The hope is that our investment will benefit recruiting and retention of players. Why do something that is counter-productive to those investments and efforts? Since some believe that what is said on here has no impact on recruiting, or if it does it's only one recruit...I will explain how that line of thinking is wrong. I would say that most believe that NPA works against the Vols recruiting efforts. I don't know if that's 100% accurate, but that is the belief. Boo is a NPA kid. He won't be the last top in-state recruit to train with NPA either. Those kids that train together form bonds. Many of their parents form bonds with each other and the kids. If you believe that NPA tries to persuade kids to go elsewhere, then why give them fuel to do so? This is where silly confrontations on VN can have a major impact. Hell, NPA may even persuade family members to make accounts and interact on here. It really doesn't take much to sew seeds of doubt. What some find as amusing and good entertainment could be working against the interests and investments of thousands of Vols fans, and yes it really does work that way. And....it can easily become a domino effect for some of the top recruits from TN and others on 7v7 teams with them. So.... no this isn't so much about Boo and his mother as it is about big picture. Any effort that goes against benefiting this program (which we have invested in) is stupid. Who gives a crap if you think that a recruit's parent is delusional, combative, or confrontational? It's not hard to just ignore them for the greater good. The majority of us have. I'm done with this thread. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.
Big fan of “the greater good” mentality. Your last sentence references a certain group that espoused it once upon a time. Just get rid of those FEW and errything will be bratwurst. If that segment of this thread remained, it would show I didn’t interact with her until she got a full head of troll steam. That was enabled by you and your self-righteous azz kissing lot. So shut up and let you save the program? Get over yourself. When you’re truly “done with this thread”, the yapping from both sides will end and it’ll await his signing in a calendar year. Then whomever garners his signature will bite their nails to the quick in fear that someone from his fam will read any perceived criticism of his play on a message board and jump both hooves into the portal…unless he’s not that great at the next level. Thanks for enriching the coffers of Spyre. I’ll endeavor not to interfere with the final solution you’ve crafted.

Reactions: Probably_in_Class
Big fan of “the greater good” mentality. Your last sentence references a certain group that espoused it once upon a time. Just get rid of those FEW and errything will be bratwurst. If that segment of this thread remained, it would show I didn’t interact with her until she got a full head of troll steam. That was enabled by you and your self-righteous azz kissing lot. So shut up and let you save the program? Get over yourself. When you’re truly “done with this thread”, the yapping from both sides will end and it’ll await his signing in a calendar year. Then whomever garners his signature will bite their nails to the quick in fear that someone from his fam will read any perceived criticism of his play on a message board and jump both hooves into the portal…unless he’s not that great at the next level. Thanks for enriching the coffers of Spyre. I’ll endeavor not to interfere with the final solution you’ve crafted.
I seemed to have struck a nerve somehow, since you appear to have been reduced to name calling. Since I'm part of the "self righteous lot", I shall refrain from reducing myself to such antics. 😂

Reactions: gainesvol82
She seemed to get offended by compliments too though. Just overall combative. I’m a mother myself and support my kids, but also realize there will be critics. It’s called reality.
I wish her and her son the best in whatever choice they make, but she’s gonna have to tone it down a little bit or the carters are gonna have a mahomes situation on their hands.

I seemed to have struck a nerve somehow, since you appear to have been reduced to name calling. Since I'm part of the "self righteous lot", I shall refrain from reducing myself to such antics. 😂
Admirable restraint. 😴

This isn't too defend her, just an explanation to give perspective because she won't be the last mother like this to show up on VN. LittleVol compared him to Adoree Jackson (compliment). There is nearly a 100% chance that she had no idea who Adoree Jackson is and obviously doesn't care. To her, there is only one Boo Carter and no one compares to her baby. She stated as much. To most of us, that is delusional. To her, it's "her" reality. I'm sure she's been that way since he started playing sports and was the best player on his team. You have proud mothers, and then you have mothers that put their kids on a pedestal. The latter tends to lead to unnecessary confrontations, because even compliments can seem like slights. I've seen several mothers like this over the years. Everyone is right by saying that this is a fan board, but being a family member of a recruit or player shouldn't disqualify someone as a fan. Whether it's a good idea for those people to get on here or not, doesn't mean they shouldn't be welcomed. There just appears to be a prevailing thought that they shouldn't be on here at all.

It is ridiculous for those that routinely claim message board immunity to require constraint or exclusion of others. The biggest blow is that they have to pivot from taking the position that folks in that category DON'T read the boards to they SHOULDN'T read and for sure should not react to whatever is said on them. Right or wrong we have seen proof that they DO and can factor into the player's fanbase analysis. The trendline of the player's involvement after negative interaction with a poster will be a fact set. Whether the potential loss of a recruit due to the battle over whether free speech is worthwhile will continue.

Last edited:
Final explanation, only because this thread serves as a perfect example for future potential recruits and how VN plays a role. A lot of us donate to Spyre. The hope is that our investment will benefit recruiting and retention of players. Why do something that is counter-productive to those investments and efforts? Since some believe that what is said on here has no impact on recruiting, or if it does it's only one recruit...I will explain how that line of thinking is wrong. I would say that most believe that NPA works against the Vols recruiting efforts. I don't know if that's 100% accurate, but that is the belief. Boo is a NPA kid. He won't be the last top in-state recruit to train with NPA either. Those kids that train together form bonds. Many of their parents form bonds with each other and the kids. If you believe that NPA tries to persuade kids to go elsewhere, then why give them fuel to do so? This is where silly confrontations on VN can have a major impact. Hell, NPA may even persuade family members to make accounts and interact on here. It really doesn't take much to sew seeds of doubt. What some find as amusing and good entertainment could be working against the interests and investments of thousands of Vols fans, and yes it really does work that way. And....it can easily become a domino effect for some of the top recruits from TN and others on 7v7 teams with them. So.... no this isn't so much about Boo and his mother as it is about big picture. Any effort that goes against benefiting this program (which we have invested in) is stupid. Who gives a crap if you think that a recruit's parent is delusional, combative, or confrontational? It's not hard to just ignore them for the greater good. The majority of us have. I'm done with this thread. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.

1669384558081.gif

Man if you watch boo move kid has the hips and feet to really be something spectacular at db.I hope he comes here guy can definitely see the playing time from outerspace.If u add Gibson,Matthews and Conyer,then go snag Boo to go with Beasely shew boy now we cooking...This 2ndary should go from a weakness to a strength.I mean could u imagine if all these guys stay play and develop.Well be locking folks up like CPB...

Excellent. I really don’t understand why this is so hard to understand. Chess not checkers!

I would love UT to land Boo, but I just hope that with all the drama and hoopla he finds a place that he feels comfortable and that will use him as best as possible. I hope that is in Knoxville, and I think the staff will use him well, but life is too short to be second guessing.

VN Store

Back