'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

These parents see all the adoration their kids get from fans when they go on visits and expect more of the same on fan forums. They usually end up disappointed. Internet message boards are not for the meek. I've noticed some backlash from moms of current players this week on Twitter from all the fan criticism of the team and coaches.
She seemed to get offended by compliments too though. Just overall combative. I’m a mother myself and support my kids, but also realize there will be critics. It’s called reality.

She seemed to get offended by compliments too though. Just overall combative. I’m a mother myself and support my kids, but also realize there will be critics. It’s called reality.
This isn't too defend her, just an explanation to give perspective because she won't be the last mother like this to show up on VN. LittleVol compared him to Adoree Jackson (compliment). There is nearly a 100% chance that she had no idea who Adoree Jackson is and obviously doesn't care. To her, there is only one Boo Carter and no one compares to her baby. She stated as much. To most of us, that is delusional. To her, it's "her" reality. I'm sure she's been that way since he started playing sports and was the best player on his team. You have proud mothers, and then you have mothers that put their kids on a pedestal. The latter tends to lead to unnecessary confrontations, because even compliments can seem like slights. I've seen several mothers like this over the years. Everyone is right by saying that this is a fan board, but being a family member of a recruit or player shouldn't disqualify someone as a fan. Whether it's a good idea for those people to get on here or not, doesn't mean they shouldn't be welcomed. There just appears to be a prevailing thought that they shouldn't be on here at all.

This isn't too defend her, just an explanation to give perspective because she won't be the last mother like this to show up on VN. LittleVol compared him to Adoree Jackson (compliment). There is nearly a 100% chance that she had no idea who Adoree Jackson is and obviously doesn't care. To her, there is only one Boo Carter and no one compares to her baby. She stated as much. To most of us, that is delusional. To her, it's "her" reality. I'm sure she's been that way since he started playing sports and was the best player on his team. You have proud mothers, and then you have mothers that put their kids on a pedestal. The latter tends to lead to unnecessary confrontations, because even compliments can seem like slights. I've seen several mothers like this over the years. Everyone is right by saying that this is a fan board, but being a family member of a recruit or player shouldn't disqualify someone as a fan. Whether it's a good idea for those people to get on here or not, doesn't mean they shouldn't be welcomed. There just appears to be a prevailing thought that they shouldn't be on here at all.
And a quick Google search of the name would've solved a lot of her problems. Effort isn't a one way street

And a quick Google search of the name would've solved a lot of her problems. Effort isn't a one way street
That means that you didn't read what I said. The Google search wouldn't have mattered. She still would have responded the same way. This has nothing to do with effort. He probably would have to have been compared to Deion Sanders or the Michael Jordan of football for her not to be offended.

That means that you didn't read what I said. The Google search wouldn't have mattered. She still would have responded the same way. This has nothing to do with effort. He probably would have to have been compared to Deion Sanders or the Michael Jordan of football for her not to be offended.
That’s a her problem, nobody has time for all that…. 🙄
If you going to be easily offended about everything, don’t make an account

That’s a her problem, nobody has time for all that…. 🙄
If you going to be easily offended about everything, don’t make an account
Trying to talk to some of y’all is pointless. What I'm trying to convey is bigger than this particular incident and a singular recruit. Some will get it, some won't. It is what it is at this point. 🤷‍♂️

Trying to talk to some of y’all is pointless. What I'm trying to convey is bigger than this particular incident and a singular recruit. Some will get it, some won't. It is what it is at this point. 🤷‍♂️
You’re keeping this going btw. What was the date of her last post? 😏

I’m addressing her posts in particular, most of her posts were defensive & combative as if boo was above comparison. And people knew she was constantly combative, so some kept pushing her buttons on purpose to get more aggressive responses and it worked.

I’m addressing her posts in particular, most of her posts were defensive & combative as if boo was above comparison. And people knew she was constantly combative, so some kept pushing her buttons on purpose to get more aggressive responses and it worked.
Do you donate to Spyre?

Which seems to be a problem considering her response or lack thereof about what happened at CCS. She seemed to be pushing a narrative that it was all the coaches’ fault and that Boo could do no wrong. Hopefully he ends up a Vol, and if he does hopefully she’s not waiting outside of Neyland after a game if he doesn’t play every snap as a true freshman. Him ending up at a mediocre program like Brainerd when there are multiple consistently competitive to elite programs in the area is a bit concerning as well. There must be something coaches know that we don’t. It also appears that she has either deleted her account or been banned since what happened. TIFWIW

She is legitimately Boo's mom. Some of you just like to argue.
That’s why I qualified it. Benefit of the doubt type of shizz. Back to the ARGUMENT. This thread has “nothing to do with her”?

That’s why I qualified it. Benefit of the doubt type of shizz. Back to the ARGUMENT. This thread has “nothing to do with her”?
Not referring the the thread itself, just my most recent comments in the thread.

LSU or Michigan imo, will probably find a way to be offended. Now that I’ve said that, definitely offended. Either way offended imho

Oh. Glad you’re keeping track. 😴
Final explanation, only because this thread serves as a perfect example for future potential recruits and how VN plays a role. A lot of us donate to Spyre. The hope is that our investment will benefit recruiting and retention of players. Why do something that is counter-productive to those investments and efforts? Since some believe that what is said on here has no impact on recruiting, or if it does it's only one recruit...I will explain how that line of thinking is wrong. I would say that most believe that NPA works against the Vols recruiting efforts. I don't know if that's 100% accurate, but that is the belief. Boo is a NPA kid. He won't be the last top in-state recruit to train with NPA either. Those kids that train together form bonds. Many of their parents form bonds with each other and the kids. If you believe that NPA tries to persuade kids to go elsewhere, then why give them fuel to do so? This is where silly confrontations on VN can have a major impact. Hell, NPA may even persuade family members to make accounts and interact on here. It really doesn't take much to sew seeds of doubt. What some find as amusing and good entertainment could be working against the interests and investments of thousands of Vols fans, and yes it really does work that way. And....it can easily become a domino effect for some of the top recruits from TN and others on 7v7 teams with them. So.... no this isn't so much about Boo and his mother as it is about big picture. Any effort that goes against benefiting this program (which we have invested in) is stupid. Who gives a crap if you think that a recruit's parent is delusional, combative, or confrontational? It's not hard to just ignore them for the greater good. The majority of us have. I'm done with this thread. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.

VN Store

Back