'19 TN CB Maurice Hampton

“i knew coach pruitt previously from alabama,” said hampton, who’s ranked the no. 137 overall prospect and no. 15 cornerback in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “i liked him a lot, so him being a head coach, and the staff, they’ve been recruiting me pretty hard. They told me that memphis is a place they want to recruit hard, so i want to go check out the in-state school. … i’ll be in nashville for the tournament. That’s as close as i’ll get to knoxville, so it’ll be easier to get there.”

“it’s been going on a lot,” hampton said, referring to his contact with pruitt. “he didn’t really talk to me as much when he was at alabama. But since he’s gotten to tennessee, he’s really dialed it up. I think he’s made a point that he wants to keep the in-state guys in-state.

“man, honestly, the whole coaching staff, they’re on me. (wide receivers) coach (david) johnson, he’s from memphis. Coach fair, coach pruitt — honestly, the whole staff. When i call coach pruitt, he gets the whole staff on the phone.”

hampton said he hears from a member of tennessee’s staff — “anybody from, like, a graduate assistant to coach pruitt” — on a daily basis. “(pruitt has) told me that tennessee, they’re not where they want to be yet, right now,” hampton said. "but he said he sees me and other guys coming in and contributing early, being able to start changing the program around.

“he says he thinks i can come in and play db as soon as i get there, so the opportunity to play early is a big point he’s been making, and just staying in-state and helping the in-state school.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Added some more quotes. It’s a long article. He seems very interested and we’re recruiting him very hard.

And this time he'll have more than a couple weeks to seal the deal...so hopefully this turns out a little different than the OG and ITS deals...

And this time he'll have more than a couple weeks to seal the deal...so hopefully this turns out a little different than the OG and ITS deals...

I’m beginning to wonder if all this staff needs is time to build the relationships and trust to seal the deal with the top players. I won’t lie, I was very underwhelmed on signing day, but I waited to reserve judgement. I like where this cycle is headed.

I’m beginning to wonder if all this staff needs is time to build the relationships and trust to seal the deal with the top players. I won’t lie, I was very underwhelmed on signing day, but I waited to reserve judgement. I like where this cycle is headed.

I feel like someone has stated that a time or two

I think having time on our side certainly helps.

And regardless of how this cycle turns out I still think the 20 cycle will really standout...

I think having time on our side certainly helps.

And regardless of how this cycle turns out I still think the 20 cycle will really standout...

A nice, steady upward trajectory. Much better than the obvious Ole Mi$$ strategy.

I must have missed the part where he was committed to LSU for football and baseball. He said he plans to visit with Vitello on his visit here too as Vitello was recruiting him at Arky

Reactions: 1 person
I must have missed the part where he was committed to LSU for football and baseball. He said he plans to visit with Vitello on his visit here too as Vitello was recruiting him at Arky

He’s really good at Baseball. He’s played For team USA before I think .

Guys this was is on me. I’ve known he was coming in and was holding this one for the war room. This is the type of thing that makes holding stuff hard. Kudos to the others for going by to see the kid. We will have a story on him next week previewing the visit. His first visit here btw.

- Price

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back