'22 TN CB Kody Jones (Michigan commit)

I think he will move to safety

This. Nfl teams probably see a playmaking safety in AT. He isn’t coming back. He will get drafted and his stock is rising this year. When he runs at combine or workouts he will start shooting up boards when they see how fast he is. His downhill speed is elite. Have always wanted him to get a shot at safety to show off his ball skills more. Would take our secondary to another level with him at Safety and let Hadden/Burrell handle corner

I really think McCullough would be great at nickel. Slaughter could probably do better in coverage than McCullough back at safety. They're going to have some good options. I don't think corner and nickel are a big concern. They really need to find the right line-up that improves play at safety.

Since Nickel requires better coverage skills than Safety, I don’t know why you’d take a Safety who struggles in coverage and move him to Nickel and move a guy who’s better in coverage from Nickel to Safety.

Since Nickel requires better coverage skills than Safety, I don’t know why you’d take a Safety who struggles in coverage and move him to Nickel and move a guy who’s better in coverage from Nickel to Safety.
200.gif

Taylor won't be a high draft pick, he's too slow. The mocks that have him high have called him "a speedy corner" showing they didn't do their homework on him. Taylor will probably go and be a 4th to 5th round pick imo

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Theo isn't that fast and had always struggled a bit in coverage but has been a great fit at nickel. It depends on what the coaches want out of their nickel and Banks seems to want someone that can play physical more so than be great dropping into coverage. Theo has been a difference maker near the line of scrimmage but hasn't made a lot of plays in coverage. I think McCullough would be better suited in this defense at nickel...but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Taylor won't be a high draft pick, he's too slow. The mocks that have him high have called him "a speedy corner" showing they didn't do their homework on him. Taylor will probably go and be a 4th to 5th round pick imo
I guess we'll see at the combine, but AT looks a lot faster than you're giving him credit for. I'm thinking solid 3rd rounder.

I guess we'll see at the combine, but AT looks a lot faster than you're giving him credit for. I'm thinking solid 3rd rounder.
Undrafted, but will make a team and probably play for 3-4 years and then join the rest of us...

“The fastest player in the NFL is Tyreek Hill (Kansas City Chiefs) [at] 21.9 miles per hour,” explained Tebow. “Alontae Taylor – 22.5! Faster than any NFL player this season.”

Yeah, he’s super slow.

Taylor named Tebow ‘Freak of the week’

“The fastest player in the NFL is Tyreek Hill (Kansas City Chiefs) [at] 21.9 miles per hour,” explained Tebow. “Alontae Taylor – 22.5! Faster than any NFL player this season.”

Yeah, he’s super slow.

too bad he can't use any of it to cover a fast WR or a WR who is quick out of his cuts on routes

Reactions: VolNash17

Yeah, he’s super slow.

Taylor isn’t flexible nor has the instincts to play corner. His body isn’t fluid at all and no movement in his hips is what makes him a bad corner. Good Corners are the most athletic players on field.

Taylor isn’t flexible nor has the instincts to play corner. His body isn’t fluid at all and no movement in his hips is what makes him a bad corner. Good Corners are the most athletic players on field.
I personally haven’t witnessed him giving up many plays. I wonder how much he’s given up compared to other top corners

Reactions: bpalmer28
Been saying this for years, will be on a fast track to FS at the next level. Certainly physical enough for it. But is no where near flexible enough for corner.

VN Store

Back