'22 TN CB Kody Jones (Michigan commit)

I thought Trevon had used up all of his eligibility.
Trevon has another year because of the COVID rule. Alontae can also come back if he chooses so. The only DB's we lose due to eligibility are Theo and Kenneth George.

Last edited:
Great athelete and well coached. Plays tomorrow night vs Brentwood at Germantown.

In your scenario does that push slaughter to McCulloughs spot?
I really think McCullough would be great at nickel. Slaughter could probably do better in coverage than McCullough back at safety. They're going to have some good options. I don't think corner and nickel are a big concern. They really need to find the right line-up that improves play at safety.

Reactions: PA Vol
I really think McCullough would be great at nickel. Slaughter could probably do better in coverage than McCullough back at safety. They're going to have some good options. I don't think corner and nickel are a big concern. They really need to find the right line-up that improves play at safety.
Agreed. Our safety play is horrendous. Flowers is never near the ball and neither is McCullough. It’s like the blind leading the blind back there.

They're telling recruits he's leaving, so I'd be shocked if he's back - he's gonna be a fairly high draft pick.

We going to have to define "high" draft pick. I am not saying he is staying. From what I hear he plans to enter the draft. And I do not doubt that he could get drafted. But I have seen nothing anywhere that indicates he will be a high draft pick. He doesn't have the hip to play CB in the NFL. He will need to be used in a specialized role. Hopefully somebody drafts him and gives him a chance to be some type of hybrid/box DB.

Reactions: irish1485
In your scenario does that push slaughter to McCulloughs spot?
Slaughter to FS and Mcdonald to SS

Edit: this covid year let's us have the chance to develop guys in the secondary which is absolutely a developmental position and not have to play until their sophomore and junior years.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

VN Store

Back