'20 TN CB Keshawn Lawrence (UT SIGNEE)

You all need to realize most of the people rating these kids are writers that dont know squat about football players.
All our star worshippers cite the data/probability of 5 and 4 stars and future production. They might want to consider that the system might be rotting due to faulty process and politics. If the evaluations were conducted by relatively objective scouts and talent evaluators, I’d take them more to heart. As is, if I trust my coaches expertise in that area, I’ll roll with that.

Dropping Lawrence is almost as dumb as dropping HB as much as they did. Kid goes out and intercepts multiple passes, runs a 4.44 40 (though he ran a 4.6 40 at The Opening I think) and has done nothing but look solid.

Rankings are a scam.
And all these without games being played.

Thats my biggest issue. I could understand a drop in ranking if the season was in full swing and guys like Lawrence and Bailey were totally sucking. But to drop guys in the offseason? Its BS.

What's the reasoning to lower or raise in the off season? What are they basing it on?

Dropping Lawrence is almost as dumb as dropping HB as much as they did. Kid goes out and intercepts multiple passes, runs a 4.44 40 (though he ran a 4.6 40 at The Opening I think) and has done nothing but look solid.

Rankings are a scam.

It is not a high precision field, and the inaccuracy goes both ways.

So the kid shuts down WRs and ends up with multiple interceptions and still gets dropped in the rankings?

If you can’t see that rankings are firmly based on the school they’re committed too, then there’s no hope for you.

Not saying we deserve special treatment but obviously we don’t get any praise from any of the recruiting sites.

All our star worshippers cite the data/probability of 5 and 4 stars and future production. They might want to consider that the system might be rotting due to faulty process and politics. If the evaluations were conducted by relatively objective scouts and talent evaluators, I’d take them more to heart. As is, if I trust my coaches expertise in that area, I’ll roll with that.
100% correct. If they were putting out ratings on kids after the kid has been evaluated correctly by people who know talent when they see it I would put alot more stock in the rating system. For now it's a flawed system based on he said she said information.

Reactions: butchna
So the kid shuts down WRs and ends up with multiple interceptions and still gets dropped in the rankings?

If you can’t see that rankings are firmly based on the school they’re committed too, then there’s no hope for you.

Not saying we deserve special treatment but obviously we don’t get any praise from any of the recruiting sites.
tenor-27.gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Rankings are a scam.

Realize KL was NOT dropped. 3 spots just means others jumped up. They even said this clearly. Guess people just want to be upset about anything.

100% correct. If they were putting out ratings on kids after the kid has been evaluated correctly by people who know talent when they see it I would put alot more stock in the rating system. For now it's a flawed system based on he said she said information.
They saw him quite clearly in the camp and his strong showing affirmed his high rating.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Realize KL was NOT dropped. 3 spots just means others jumped up. They even said this clearly. Guess people just want to be upset about anything.
Just another way of saying he dropped. If his new number is greater than it was previously, he dropped. They can spin it however they want.

VN Store

Back