6'2" 183lbs., CB, high school freshman,
Ensworth High School, Nashville, TN,
Class of 2020

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

USA Today

Keshawn Lawrence, 2020 Athlete - Rivals

UT offered on 11-4-16. UT is the only scholarship offer thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Lawrence, who has offers from LSU, Memphis and Tennessee, played primarily cornerback in 2016. He compiled 21 tackles with an interception and three pass breakups in 11 games played. He had two carries for 24 yards against Briarcrest Christian in the Division II-AA quarterfinals.

Those rushing numbers appear ready to grow this year. He had 97 rushing yards on four carries in the Tigers' first two series against Class 6A power Maryville in a preseason scrimmage before a lightning delay. Lawrence had limited carries afterward. "I'm getting a feel for it," said Lawrence, a 6-foot-3, 183-pound athlete. "I like being back there (in the backfield) because I'm one of the fastest in the school."

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/08/01/ensworth-sophomore-keshawn-lawrence-ready-next-standout-running-back/524390001/

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Couple of quick notes...

spoke to both Bryn Tucker and Keyshawn Lawrence. Tuck said Pruitt told him strengths and weaknesses this weekend and he left campus and went to the gym to work on the weaknesses. Lawrence and Pruitt have been in contact and that speaks volumes to a 2020 kid. Will have stories on both coming in the next couple of days.

- Price

Keshawn Lawrence = Dre Kirkpatrick

This kid is gonna be a stud. Hopefully Pruitt and the staff can land him.

Future 1st round corner.

Already has offers from Bama, UGA, tOSU, and LSU. Very impressive offer list for anyone, much less a kid who just finished his sophomore season.

Reactions: feathersax
He’s much better as a prospect. WTF

Kid can actually backpedal and is more athletic. Hell are you looking at troll?

You do know Dre Kirkpatrick was a 5-star recruit and 1st round draft pick?

Its not an insult to be compared to him. He's underachieved in the pros based on his hype during college. But in college I thought he was a stud.

Reactions: 1 person
You do know Dre Kirkpatrick was a 5-star recruit and 1st round draft pick?

Its not an insult to be compared to him. He's underachieved in the pros based on his hype during college. But in college I thought he was a stud.

He wasn’t a stud in college and benefited from a good defense around him. He couldn’t backpedal, only had like 2-3 career picks and took like 4 years to develop in the pros. This kid is much better coming out right now than a senior Kirkpatrick in HS. Kirkpatrick got drafted off measurables and Bama. His tape of big hits and tight hips didn’t look like a 1st round CB.

In his time with the media last week, Jeremy Pruitt pointed out that while his staff worked to close out the 2018 class, they were busy with the 2019 and 2020 classes as well. That starts in state with 2020 athlete KeShawn Lawrence from Ensworth in Nashville, a prospect who continues to draw plenty of early attention in the recruiting process. Lawrence and Pruitt had dialogue earlier this week and the youngster was impressed.

"He was just telling me how I can be a good recruit for the Vols in 2020," Lawrence said. "He was telling me what kind of athlete I can be and to keep my head straight. Just told me to keep working and work at everything I do. It meant a lot that he took the time to talk to me. I was surprised." "He told me that he liked my aggressiveness," Lawrence said. "He told me that he liked my swag and how I hold myself on the field and stay level headed in everything I do."

"When I visit I feel like I'm home," Lawrence said. "Everyone greets me and it's fun up there. The fans are so loyal and that's what I like. Every other college I've been to wasn't a brotherhood like Tennessee. It's different."

With offers from LSU, Georgia, Tennessee and others, Lawrence already has plenty of enviable options. He trying to take it all in stride as he juggles athletics and academics. "It's hard being so young with school work and all," Lawrence said. "It's also a blessing so I'm taking it all in."

"Tennessee is very important," Lawrence said. "I didn't grow up watching football. I thought I was a basketball kid, but after a few years, I have noticed how much it means for everybody in Tennessee. I have to keep it in my heart because this is where I'm from so it means a lot actually."

-VQ

Extremely hard working kid with a high ceiling. Very humble as well.

Sounds like it. Would be nice if UT pulls Washington next year followed by this kid. Pruitt is a defensive coach that specializes in DBs, so that should benefit UT. DBU, in the next 5 years or so?

Sounds like it. Would be nice if UT pulls Washington next year followed by this kid. Pruitt is a defensive coach that specializes in DBs, so that should benefit UT. DBU, in the next 5 years or so?

Need more than Woodi and Keshawn for that title. Lol Got to get a lot of studs and let the cream rise to the top.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, they recruit a lot of good players. LSU and Ohio State evaluate the best overall. IMO

just as a point of conversation not trying to argue it really. But is it really evaluation that is good if they are bringing in a majority 4/5 stars at the position?

coaching is definitely good, but "finding" guys everyone knows is good doesn't qualify as good evaluation imo.

Reactions: JPelty8
just as a point of conversation not trying to argue it really. But is it really evaluation that is good if they are bringing in a majority 4/5 stars at the position?

coaching is definitely good, but "finding" guys everyone knows is good doesn't qualify as good evaluation imo.

Picking the ones that are goin to pan out and aren't just hype does.

VN Store

Back