'24 TN CB Kaleb Beasley (Tennessee)

If we beat Bama, we might see some major new interest in the '23 class.

That’s been my thought…not necessarily about Alabama specifically, but if this team goes 11-1 and makes the playoff (or even a NY6 bowl), we’re going to see some big time recruits currently committed somewhere else Out not previously interested in Tennessee who are going to jump on board.

In fact, we saw it last year with guys like JWT, West, and Pearce.

That’s been my thought…not necessarily about Alabama specifically, but if this team goes 11-1 and makes the playoff (or even a NY6 bowl), we’re going to see some big time recruits currently committed somewhere else Out not previously interested in Tennessee who are going to jump on board.

In fact, we saw it last year with guys like JWT, West, and Pearce.
Texas A&M was not good last year. That Bama win (and a few million) helped them bring in the highest rated class ever. 5 stars started flocking to that campus of weirdos. Jimbo had never remotely recruited on that level before.

Texas A&M was not good last year. That Bama win (and a few million) helped them bring in the highest rated class ever. 5 stars started flocking to that campus of weirdos. Jimbo had never remotely recruited on that level before.

He did at FSU. Maybe not the #1 class, but he signed some great ones. Top 5.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He had some good ones but not close to the level of last year's class. Highest rated class ever while competing against Bama and UGA for recruits in a national championship game season for both schools.

He had back-to-back #3 ranked classes. Jimbo has always been a great recruiter. Yes, this was his best class, but it was also the first one that used NIL money, so that's a different ballgame. It's not like Jimbo being an elite recruiter comes out of the blue, though. He always has been. It was less about beating Bama than it was about adding tons of NIL money to the arsenal of an already fantastic recruiter.

But to your point, I agree that beating Bama would give Tennessee some cache on the recruiting trail that it hasn't had in awhile.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back