'24 TN CB Jaren Sensabaugh

this is where I am at. the same people went from being pissed we were recruiting him, to being pissed that we didn't land him. absolutely no transition or middle ground, no self awareness.
Yep, but don’t expect consistency from the trolls—they’re just here to b*tch.

We have like 200 young backfield guys on the roster we need to be playing first.

Reactions: Glitch
Is it really??

Hypothetical Sensabaugh: "I want $500,000 in NIL."

Hypothetical Tennessee: "We'll give you $75,000-$100,000."

Hypothetical Missouri: "We'll give you $300,000--$500,000."

Did we really "miss"? Do we really, truly miss whenever this happens? Whenever, hypothetically, we decide, "You know, the kid's just not worth that"??
Why do I have to be worried/concerned/troubled if Missouri gave Jaren Sensabaugh the bank, and we weren't willing to??

If we offered Nwaneri 2 million, and Missouri offered 5 million, did we really "miss", in the traditional way misses use to go? What should we do, offer 6, 7 million, maybe 10??
Hypothetical Sensnbaugh can be as awesome as he imagines at Missouri 🤣

lol, LMAO, even. A majority of this thread is trashing the kid and his family, and now the LOM is upset.
Just this kid ok, but there are others we've just not been able to close with we really wanted/needed.

You’re not seeing the forest from the trees.

Our staff pushed for him and still didn’t get him. Which has been a trend all cycle.

That’s where the concern lies.

I’m not missing anything. As I predicted, a bunch of hemming and hawing from the usual crew about taking low ranked players and how this dude isn’t worth a spot and now we miss out on him and people are losing their mind about not being able to land a lower ranked kid.

This was a lose-lose situation for the staff because people were positioning themselves to be pissed off regardless of the outcome.

35+ players left post-Pruitt.

That elite QB committed to UT under Pruitt, not Heup. Our top 3 leading rushers, leading passer, the Biletnikoff winner, Keyton, Tillman, our top 5 leading tacklers all committed under Pruitt.

And yes I agree the reason we won 11 is bc of Heupel. We aren’t debating that?

Edit: really our top 4 rushers bc I believe Sampson committed to Pruitt’s staff and then re-committed to Heup. Might be remembering that one wrong.
You taught me something today. Thanks man. We done arguing now? Virtually shake hands and move on to hoping our Vols win?

Reactions: drvenner
The person that said that while coaching here no longer has a job…so, you can either figure out why you swing and miss 24-7 or act like everything is cool. Can’t bi&&& when we are 7-5. I don’t think this kid is the reason you’re 9-3 or 7-5 next year, but this staff has struck out a lot this year. This year proved this staff isn’t magic workers. They need talent.
it was the only thing pruitt got correct…. No one on this board knew if they wanted this kid or not…. The staff wasn’t 100% sure they wanted this kid bc they just now started pushing for him. He is a local kid so it’s not like they just found him… It is their job to build a solid roster whether it is through recruiting…. player retention…. transfers…. It is near impossible to tell how good of a job this staff has done.

I don’t care if people thought he wasnt good enough, but the fact that the staff wanted the kid and yet still lost an instate kid to freaking Missouri is embarrassing. Heupel and his friends need to figure it out really freaking quickly because this is getting embarrassing
J%2520Jonah%2520Jameson%2520laugh%2520Sheik.gif

The person that said that while coaching here no longer has a job…so, you can either figure out why you swing and miss 24-7 or act like everything is cool. Can’t bi&&& when we are 7-5. I don’t think this kid is the reason you’re 9-3 or 7-5 next year, but this staff has struck out a lot this year. This year proved this staff isn’t magic workers. They need talent.
It is pure insanity that OP is melting down over this kid.

I’m not missing anything. As I predicted, a bunch of hemming and hawing from the usual crew about taking low ranked players and how this dude isn’t worth a spot and now we miss out on him and people are losing their mind about not being able to land a lower ranked kid.

This was a lose-lose situation for the staff because people were positioning themselves to be pissed off regardless of the outcome.
I mean maybe it’s a lose-lose situation on VN, but I doubt the coaches factor in how good the fans think a HS kid is into their evaluations.

This was a win-lose situation for the staff and they seem to have lost unfortunately. Losing happens for everyone in recruiting, and on the bright side we have a great class so far this year and Sensabaugh doesn’t come close to making or breaking that.

We just have to hope that this isn’t indicative of anything worse, which I personally feel like is worth holding out judgement on for now.

I mean maybe it’s a lose-lose situation on VN, but I doubt the coaches factor in how good the fans think a HS kid is into their evaluations.

This was a win-lose situation for the staff and they seem to have lost unfortunately. Losing happens for everyone in recruiting, and on the bright side we have a great class so far this year and Sensabaugh doesn’t come close to making or breaking that.

We just have to hope that this isn’t indicative of anything worse, which I personally feel like is worth holding out judgement on for now.
Losing a 3* CB is truly the death of this program.

Reactions: DarthVol1
You are. But I digress.

Regardless of his ranking or what fans think, the staff pushed for him and whiffed.

It’s a trend.

You’re just prescribing the narrative that fits YOUR sad sack miserable disposition. Sure, you could look at it like that. Or, you could believe the narrative that AP just spun about how Mizzou saw him as a bigger need and devoted more NIL towards him, something we apparently felt wasn’t wise.

The point is no one has any idea just how hard we pushed or valued this particular recruit that you all didn’t even want, but you sure are quick to insult the coaching staff and get your knickers twisted because we “missed” on a low-ranked player.

i don't know why everyone is surprised. should have known he was gone once he got his ''fourth star''. ;)

You’re just prescribing the narrative that fits YOUR sad sack miserable disposition. Sure, you could look at it like that. Or, you could believe the narrative that AP just spun about how Mizzou saw him as a bigger need and devoted more NIL towards him, something we apparently felt wasn’t wise.

The point is no one has any idea just how hard we pushed or valued this particular recruit that you all didn’t even want, but you sure are quick to insult the coaching staff and get your knickers twisted because we “missed” on a low-ranked player.

Now you’re starting to come around. 😁

VN Store

Back