'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

None of these coaches will be here in 13 months. Only way that changes is lots of wins. A good coach can help a guy be his best. Nobody can coach height or speed.
Apparently his high school coaches can’t coach height or speed. Measureables don’t mean crap if you don’t have the intensity and drive to use them.

Reactions: CAVPUT and SugarCC
How is this guy not a take, but a long snapper is? With the lack of pass rush on the roster there’s no way they can pass on the top player in the state that’s a borderline 5* DE. Especially when you consider they’d be letting a conference rival that we haven’t beaten in 4 years pull him away

I think the issue is they are not sold that he can be effective at the next level. I haven’t watched this kid at all but it seems that the majority say he fails to be dominant even at the high school level.

Truthfully SC boards say the same about Grimes. Has all the measurable traits but lacks intensity, aggression, and the love for smash mouth contact. Basically an athlete playing football. They aren’t sold their coaches can pull it out of him either.

Truthfully SC boards say the same about Grimes. Has all the measurable traits but lacks intensity, aggression, and the love for smash mouth contact. Basically an athlete playing football. They aren’t sold their coaches can pull it out of him either.
That’s the huge knock on him. Watch the tape...it doesn’t lie. I just don’t think you can coach aggression into a player. They either have it or they don’t.

How is this guy not a take, but a long snapper is? With the lack of pass rush on the roster there’s no way they can pass on the top player in the state that’s a borderline 5* DE. Especially when you consider they’d be letting a conference rival that we haven’t beaten in 4 years pull him away
Nobody cares about the long snapper until the ball flies over the punter for safety. I’m confused on the take status as well based on measurables and need on defense. Can’t say I know much else about the kid and hope he wants to light it up for the vols.

I'm with you. Tweener or whatever, can't see how this guy isn't a priority. I'm not a coach but seems like this guy should be getting the red carpet, get him on campus and figure out a position after some S&C and development. He's an elite athlete and we're not in a position to turn those down. The 25 rule hamstrings the rebuild but still...

Maliek Gray was an elite ATH.

We don't need just athletic guys. They need to be athletic ballers!

This guy isn't one of them. Just look at his on field performance...

May be true, but I don't know However, for the ***** lovers it doesn't matter.. For them, the only thing that matters is the number of stars.

Could this guy play TE?

I know this kid well, great person. I have watched him play football and basketball since he was a youth. He's never been very aggressive, something is missing I can't explain it.

Not unless we teach him how to catch. He has terrible hands.

Reactions: tennvols77

VN Store

Back