'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

Yep….. I would fight as hard as I could to get players to decide to come here.
For the players you truly want, before they pick up a pen to sign elsewhere, make the last thing they do before they pick up said pen, is hang up the phone after talking to you.

That's literally what recruiting is, convincing guys to want to be here. They aren't just going to automatically want to play under a new staff fighting for bowl eligibility.
Especially when they have "better" options. Not that there are any better options than Tennessee, but some on here would argue that.

That's literally what recruiting is, convincing guys to want to be here. They aren't just going to automatically want to play under a new staff fighting for bowl eligibility.

Maybe they would prefer to play for a staff who won a NC, was runner up for the Heisman, set offense and scoring records at multiple schools?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Try to remember, earlier this year, AP looked like an @ss for leaking visit info on Ty Simpson -- another family he is "close" to.

He knows he messed that up, so I HIGHLY doubt he is going to give out any real info on the Hayden's unless they want it out.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
He and the entire family didn’t arrive until just before kickoff and left during the delay to get Chase back to head back to Illinois. That means Hayden never had contact with any coaches while he was in town. Jerry Mack has been doing a nice job of keeping the lines of communication open the last several weeks. It would take another visit from Hayden for us to see him as a realistic flip candidate.
hubbs

AP thought we were good with the Wade twins up until their commitment to UK.

Just sayin

Actually UT was good with them and were the favorite but again the difference here was at the last minute Stoops and his OC promised Destin a chance in the qb room 1st after he camped and threw the ball with accuracy and showed some touch. Then that's what swayed them to Ky. These 2 were never planning to not go to college together. Again just as Hayden the door is not completely closed. This staff just has to learn big time recruiting because Kodi and Garner aren't going to be able to convince or finish the close out for every kid.

Reactions: berryvol
Actually UT was good with them and were the favorite but again the difference here was at the last minute Stoops and his OC promised Destin a chance in the qb room 1st after he camped and threw the ball with accuracy and showed some touch. Then that's what swayed them to Ky. These 2 were never planning to not go to college together. Again just as Hayden the door is not completely closed. This staff just has to learn big time recruiting because Kodi and Garner aren't going to be able to convince or finish the close out for every kid.

If we could flip the Wade’s, Dallan and Kody, that would be huge wins. Hopefully all of them have taken notice.

If we could flip the Wade’s, Dallan and Kody, that would be huge wins. Hopefully all of them have taken notice.

Trust me all the kids have noticed. We could have a flip of a 4* soon. Not promising but as I said in another thread I had 2 watching with me Saturday and one definitely is feeling the UT sauce.

It cant be that difficult to recruit to UT at a high level. Huepel has shown his offensive prowess to kids now. His kids play hard.

Not sure what correlation is between how were playing and lack of commits. If history is our guide, its because coaches are focused on current team versus being on road.

Trust me all the kids have noticed. We could have a flip of a 4* soon. Not promising but as I said in another thread I had 2 watching with me Saturday and one definitely is feeling the UT sauce.
I’m pretty confident we will be able to attract players on offense. I am however worried about defense. My biggest fear with JH has been recruiting, we can’t judge yet though he needs time to build relationships. Beating UK and winning the rest of our games minus Georgia plus the bowl would do dividends I think.

It cant be that difficult to recruit to UT at a high level. Huepel has shown his offensive prowess to kids now. His kids play hard.

Not sure what correlation is between how were playing and lack of commits. If history is our guide, its because coaches are focused on current team versus being on road.
The kids we are recruiting now their entire lives UT has been a mid tier program. JH is gonna have to overachieve and win some big games to get recruiting rolling. Based off what he’s done with our little depth I think he can do it.

I’m pretty confident we will be able to attract players on offense. I am however worried about defense. My biggest fear with JH has been recruiting, we can’t judge yet though he needs time to build relationships. Beating UK and winning the rest of our games minus Georgia plus the bowl would do dividends I think.

Yeah I agree with you

The talk of needing another QB in this class, I'd be all for taking the Wade's and offering Destin a shot at QB. That probably is less threatening to a guy like Jackson, it potentially addresses our QB need in a pinch, and it lands us two of the better in-state athletes, not to mention, it robs UK of two players.

If QB doesn't work out for him, then you find a spot for him at WR, S, or LB.

In other words, Heupel needs to learn how to lie to kids in order to sign them. He needs to tell Destin he will get a shot at QB but if he falls at least 3rd on depth chart, then we get to move him where we think he projects best. Why can’t you or others help these kids see that they are being lied to most likely? Stoops and his staff will not give him a fair shake at QB. They are lying to him. He will be out of the QB room by spring of his 2nd year at least and maybe during fall camp of year 1.

Reactions: Volnatic

VN Store

Back