'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

I think we are likely 4-1 if we had any semblance of a pass rush, and just maybe 5-0. It is a little disturbing that we only have 4 sacks from our DL thru 5 games. I'm pleased with our rush defense and our ability to fill gaps quickly, save for the Florida game, but we have to put pressure on the QB to beat anyone on our schedule we probably shouldn't, on paper. I guess that notion, and that the idea that the only really good team we faced totally gashed us, defensively, gives me pause to heap excessive praise on Garner and the DLine, just yet.

At the same time, this same DLine only produced 13 sacks in 10 games, last year, and 10 of those 13 sacks belonged to guys no longer on the roster, so it's perhaps fair to say Garner is coaching without a full deck by comparison. It will be interesting to see how the two compare after a full season.
These guys have missed out on a lot of sacks. They have definitely been after the qb. Missed multiple against Pitt and other opponents where the qb was just a step quicker. Defense is playing much better and has been in much better position overall.

Hard to even consider this as an Option... Unless he visits this fall.
Someone just asked if he MIGHT reconsider now. Instead of someone saying they doubted it because of ...... He was told it would never happen. Like they actually know.

Reactions: jakez4ut
This being a big difference is a matter of opinion. For most of us, there is really no difference at all at this point. The whole legacy thing gets really overblown. Particularly in regards to our Vols.
So people are allowed to have an opinion? They can post it here? He just asked a question.

So people are allowed to have an opinion? They can post it here? He just asked a question.
What are you talking about? No one said he couldn't have an opinion. This board is composed of 95% opinions. Not all of them are valid, but we are entitled to them just the same. Hell, my wife has been having invalid opinions for 25 years, but that hasn't stopped her from expressing them. I still love her just the same.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
What are you talking about? No one said he couldn't have an opinion. This board is composed of 95% opinions. Not all of them are valid, but we are entitled to them just the same. Hell, my wife has been having invalid opinions for 25 years, but that hasn't stopped her from expressing them. I still love her just the same.
I guess you missed the beginning of the conversation. (I’m sure your wife has to help you also.).....

89D4EA9D-5ED4-4131-B217-BE22C07420CD.png6D9741CA-2F5F-4E68-9D2A-DC0A1262A3ED.png

If our run game continues to put up big numbers I don’t think it is out of question that Hayden gives us a closer look behind the scenes. Why wouldn’t you? Ohio St has a successful run game for sure but they also have Henderson as the main back for two more years. If Evans goes pro after a big year this year then there is a easily attainable spot available in our top two rotation of backs. Also would require us to win some games we shouldn’t but I wouldn’t say never even if it is unlikely. You keep putting up video game numbers then that stuff catches kids attention

Reactions: SweetasSoda
RB recruiting is dependent on OL recruiting. As the old lady said, Where's the beef? That is what a RB is thinking.

Reactions: VolNash17
Sincere apologies. I don't check out people's profiles. Honestly, if I'd known you were a woman, I would have never made the comment about my wife.
No apology necessary! We’re just talking about football. And I found it funny that someone would think I would have to take up for my husband. Haven’t had to in almost 40 years.

No apology necessary! We’re just talking about football. And I found it funny that someone would think I would have to take up for my husband. Haven’t had to in almost 40 years.
That was a joke as well. I told my wife about the whole exchange today. She got a good laugh.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm not putting anyone down. Someone actually said we could get Travis Shaw just because we have Rodney Garner when common sense says otherwise

So you are using your opinion to put someone else’s opinion down. Clearly Rodney Garner should take your advice on recruiting.

That was a joke as well. I told my wife about the whole exchange today. She got a good laugh.

Y'all are better than Valentine's Day! Thanks for putting a heartfelt smile on my face this morning.

We are not on the same level as Ohio State yet
I didn't say that at all. What I said was Ryan Day was handed a job and he will not last. They will fire him within 2 years. He is living off the talent Urban stocked. Sure its OSU they recruit well,but lets be real honest..... They don't win against this league.

I didn't say that at all. What I said was Ryan Day was handed a job and he will not last. They will fire him within 2 years. He is living off the talent Urban stocked. Sure its OSU they recruit well,but lets be real honest..... They don't win against this league.
You said what I think meant Ohio State is on par with us. The majority of Ohio State is his team. Justin Fields was his, not Urban's as well

Reactions: orange blossom
You said what I think meant Ohio State is on par with us. The majority of Ohio State is his team. Justin Fields was his, not Urban's as well
Ohio State is not a good football team. More of Urbans players were there the last two years. Now you see the decline. When they lose 3 games this season do you thibk hes gonna be safe ? There is a difference in talent level the two coaches recruited

VN Store

Back