'21 TN ATH Lucien Brunetti (Tennessee PWO signee)

Not really worth worrying about regardless. Anything positive you get from a walk on is good. Especially the connections

I’m guessing y’all don’t like his dad and he’s not an NPA guy?

Have no issues with the kid or his dad, despite his dad being an idiot. Kid just wasn't really special at all. I'm not for a kid turning down free money aka a paid scholarship to be a tackling dummy. Just doesn't make sense. Even several asst coaches for his dad laughed at this and cracked jokes about this being circulated around Twitter etc. Parenta and kids need to accept the reality of the level of talent a kid has. If at EKU or even maybe Charlotte the kid could be a player. The Kentucky offer wasn't legit and also heard the same for the Memphis offer. I told you all the same thing when it came to other PWOs in the past. I don't care if a kid trains with us if he has talent I'll say that.

Plenty of kids have risen up against all odds. Dumb to discount it. Likely? No. But in the position you claim to be in, you should know better.

No in the position I'm in I can tell the truth again I'm not here to gas up a nothing situation. It's not dumb at all because comparing him to Jennings is dumb because there's no common ground anywhere in the 2 kids.

Reactions: VolByLaw and you
No in the position I'm in I can tell the truth again I'm not here to gas up a nothing situation. It's not dumb at all because comparing him to Jennings is dumb because there's no common ground anywhere in the 2 kids.
Agreed with this. Again this kid is a good route runner and has hands, but a PWO playing over a Scholarship player just isn’t going to happen Montgomery was one of the better PWOs we’ve had in a while and he barely played even after he was put on scholarship.

Which by the way I hope Montgomery eats wherever he goes because he is actually really good at the foosball.

Reactions: LittleVol
Plenty of kids have risen up against all odds. Dumb to discount it. Likely? No. But in the position you claim to be in, you should know better.

Reactions: you and I4Jay
Have you ever missed on an evaluation before? I get you’ve been around the game for your life but having done the same myself I’ve seen plenty of athletes that seemed meh at best turn into really good players. Not saying this is the case or you’re wrong but you tend to speak in definitives as if you’re the Yahweh of Tennessee high school football. Not to mention that when you start including asst coaches joking and laughing at a kids choice to strengthen your assessment is pretty ****ing pathetic. I’ve met village goat farmers in Afghanistan with more respect to another’s family.

Have you ever missed on an evaluation before? I get you’ve been around the game for your life but having done the same myself I’ve seen plenty of athletes that seemed meh at best turn into really good players. Not saying this is the case or you’re wrong but you tend to speak in definitives as if you’re the Yahweh of Tennessee high school football. Not to mention that when you start including asst coaches joking and laughing at a kids choice to strengthen your assessment is pretty ****ing pathetic. I’ve met village goat farmers in Afghanistan with more respect to another’s family.
Hahaha. "Yahweh of Tennessee High School Football "! That's funny.

He has a point about free Money and scholarships, but if your'e heart is at UT...and they offer you a spot...then it makes all the sense in the world to go there.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Yes I have missed and anyone who say they haven’t is lying. Also I really don’t care about any of that and tbh the coaches joked and texted and called me, and not vice versa. Laughing at how they basically took the kid at UT and it being a publicity and pride thing vs the best outlook for the kid. They wouldn’t even let the HC RT the stuff from their team page. This is just to let you know how ridiculous of a reach this is period. See if you know you know. A big problem around here is ppl want sunshine pumpers and that ain’t me. Anything I saw on here I can say the same to the ppl involved. I don’t mean that in a bad way but an honesty way.

I'm beginning to really not like the barber. Every since his boy Jeremy left, he's been a bit of a jerk.

Yes I have missed and anyone who say they haven’t is lying. Also I really don’t care about any of that and tbh the coaches joked and texted and called me, and not vice versa. Laughing at how they basically took the kid at UT and it being a publicity and pride thing vs the best outlook for the kid. They wouldn’t even let the HC RT the stuff from their team page. This is just to let you know how ridiculous of a reach this is period. See if you know you know. A big problem around here is ppl want sunshine pumpers and that ain’t me. Anything I saw on here I can say the same to the ppl involved. I don’t mean that in a bad way but an honesty way.
Honesty is one thing. But why not say there are those in the coaching community that questioned the decision? There are ways to be honest and still have a thing called tact. That’s still being real without being a dick.

Hahaha. "Yahweh of Tennessee High School Football "! That's funny.

He has a point about free Money and scholarships, but if your'e heart is at UT...and they offer you a spot...then it makes all the sense in the world to go there.
Absolutely agree, you’re spot on. I take issue with the attack on the father and going as far as stating other coaches laughing about the kid choosing the PWO and Tennessee taking him. More professional ways to convey the same message. End of the day we’re all replaceable.

Reactions: RiotVol
I'm beginning to really not like the barber. Every since his boy Jeremy left, he's been a bit of a jerk.

And that's your right. I was the same way when Lyle was here and winning the same fake wins that ppl discredit Pruitt for. My issue ain't with Pruitt it's UT as an administration. Midmajor mentality and a complete losing culture in the biggest revenue sport. They continue to be cheap and cowards in the things they do. Do your homework and ask around I haven't changed at all since I been on this board. If you don't like that then that's a personal issue. What Ij uploaded is how real P5 schools support a coach thru thick and thin. FBI has wiretaps and KU, LSU, Arizona, etc told them and the NCAA F*** off and keeps doing what they do in recruiting and in winning sports. They didn't send a woman to the podium telling on itself, sensationalizing what went on, or helping the NCAA, nor did any of the coaches involved get fired. Lmao one day the masses will understand why the P5 schools that win and WIN at all cost.

Attachments

• 20210314_124959.jpg
    20210314_124959.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
I don't know de1 personally outside of VN, but here's what I do know from my son being a recruit a few years ago. Every kid doesn't have someone who will or can get them to camps. Or, someone to work on bettering them outside of what they get at their respective high schools. Or a mentor who stresses the importance of going to college. What I noticed were men taking their own time and spending their own money giving lots of kids these opportunities. They pick them up, drop them off, feed them, buy or find ways to get gear that they need. Pay camp fees.....etc. Most of these kids aren't power 5 prospects. That's the ones we hear about on VN, but the bulk of these kids will play lower level ball. We will never hear about those kids, but they are getting an opportunity to further their education and play ball. I never thought about how these men can afford to help so many kids. That's a lot of time and resources spent on kids who may not have much at all. Time and resources that high school coaches can't and don't provide. Seeing things from this perspective, these men would not be seeing huge personal profit from any of this. The right and wrong of college athletics, is something I'll avoid right now. This is just some perspective from a parent that has done the process as a player, and then as a parent. (no money involved)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back