'19 TN ATH Gyasi Mattison

Blue shirt candidate?

We will see. appears he decommitted with the idea of getting a bigger opportunity.

I’m not sure how into blueshirting someone pruitt is in this class. Not sure he wants to reduce next years signing class unless it’s with a big time player
-Hubbs

Not sure what Hubbs means here. I imagine you'd be hard pressed to get a "big time player" to blue shirt.

Blue shirt candidate?

-Hubbs

Not sure what Hubbs means here. I imagine you'd be hard pressed to get a "big time player" to blue shirt.
Which explains itself. Pruitt doesn’t want to skimp on the 20 class. Credit card recruiting leads to that.

Reactions: Sleegro
That isn't true at all. They've said multiple times we would take at least a full class (25) if not more a couple more.
It’s not that big of a deal hoss. I’ve read/listened all year, and they’ve talked about numbers being a problem. If you could show me where they said we will take more, I’ll gladly admit I was wrong.

Reactions: LittleVol
For some reason I can't find the VQ search feature, so I'm relegated to having to search solely for each mods individual responses which is annoying. I only did Price. But I specifically remember reading someone suggesting possibly 28, maybe in a chat.

Price said in a thread, possibly a chat, the the Vols would take 27. A little later someone created a thread and asked about it, this was his response:

When I said 27 weeks ago it wasn’t a hard number. It’s my belief they will attempt to get creative with numbers to bring in as much help as possible. They may end up with 25...but in talking to people they clearly won’t turn away talent unless that have too.
-Price, 12/8/18

However I do see where Price posted this the other day when asked how many we likely sign:
I see the number at 23 now.
-Price

I think the number was higher when the coaches thought we had a shot at Anderson, Eboigbe, To'oto'o etc.

Not a lot of players worth those spots now.

Reactions: McMannis
I know for a fact Price has said on Swain's show recently that he thinks the numbers for the 2019 class will be lower than he initially thought because the staff is taking a "let's not rob Peter to pay Paul" approach to this class and the 2020 class. He said on the show that they value the spots in the 2020 class more.

I know for a fact Price has said on Swain's show recently that he thinks the numbers for the 2019 class will be lower than he initially thought because the staff is taking a "let's not rob Peter to pay Paul" approach to this class and the 2020 class. He said on the show that they value the spots in the 2020 class more.
Good.

Bout dang time. I hate this boards attitude with there is always room in next year's class. Maybe this will get it toned down.

Reactions: Sleegro and butchna
Bout dang time. I hate this boards attitude with there is always room in next year's class. Maybe this will get it toned down.
Ditto! You’re not catching up to any program with blueshirts as a significant portion of your roster.

Reactions: m1al and Sleegro
Ditto! You’re not catching up to any program with blueshirts as a significant portion of your roster.
There's a reason butch Jones was the only coach consistently doing it. He basically invented it.

Reactions: butchna
2020 loaded with OL/DL talent too. Even TN looks better than most years for top tier talent. I'm sure that'll bring out the "homestate addiction syndrome" people.

VN Store

Back