Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not faking anything. I think recruiting is going to be boring and not very good for a long time. This program has been burned to the ground. So many coaching changes. The new guys just got here a few months ago. This is going to be a true rebuild that will take many years.

So I’m choosing to stay positive but not really care about individual recruits anytime soon. I suggest you guys do the same. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. Hopefully we win some games this fall. That will help.

I’m pretty much checked out these days for the most part. Looking forward to watching games this fall though.

I agree 100% and I posted something along these lines after CJH was hired (and didn't love hire at first btw)

I believe its going to take a X's and O's ballcoach and a staff that can develop to turn this thing around. My words were "we would have to luck into a home run hire."

Also, keep in mind that Gump and staff were world class recruiters. How did that work?

Destin seems to be KY's backup plan at QB. Gavin Wimsatt from Owensboro, KY is the #3 Dual Threat QB in the nation, but he is a Rutgers lean according to recruiting sites. As we know, losing a highly rated QB in your backyard is rough, but losing a highly rated QB to Rutgers? lol

Destin seems to be KY's backup plan at QB. Gavin Wimsatt from Owensboro, KY is the #3 Dual Threat QB in the nation, but he is a Rutgers lean according to recruiting sites. As we know, losing a highly rated QB in your backyard is rough, but losing a highly rated QB to Rutgers? lol

If he’s that highly rated QB and his best landing spots are Kentucky and Rutgers then that says a lot about him

If he’s that highly rated QB and his best landing spots are Kentucky and Rutgers then that says a lot about him
I agree, but you never know. Sometimes young men end up at historically lesser programs for reasons (good or bad) other than talent. Not speculating that is the case here, but it is always possible. Love to see KY miss out on good prospects in their own backyard, but hate to see him go to Rutgers. Dan Wolken and others will come out of nowhere to troll Tennessee on Twitter over Schiano's "elite" recruiting ability.

How can there be juice when a NCAA punishment is looming over the program. Every rival and non-rival is using that against Tennessee. It's extremely easy to negative recruit Tennessee right now and there's absolutely nothing this coaching staff can do about it.

Then our dumbass chancellor shouldn’t have plowed over our football program. Pay the $12 mil and we don’t have this shitstorm over our head and we can land a great in state class.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I’m not faking anything. I think recruiting is going to be boring and not very good for a long time. This program has been burned to the ground. So many coaching changes. The new guys just got here a few months ago. This is going to be a true rebuild that will take many years.

So I’m choosing to stay positive but not really care about individual recruits anytime soon. I suggest you guys do the same. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. Hopefully we win some games this fall. That will help.

I’m pretty much checked out these days for the most part. Looking forward to watching games this fall though.

I don't think it could honestly get much worse. I really mean that. But I agree. Recruiting will be mediocre for a while. It's gonna take this staff to win with lesser talent first. So it'll be rough for a bit. But how much worse could it honestly get.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You could say that but they still havent landed some of the top guys they're still after + in that state there are a few 4 stars left to commit. Teams don't usually finish their recruiting cycles with players rated lower than the guys who committed early. Normally teams are holding off on those last 10-12 spots for guys they only hope they can land.

Besides Dane Key (who they don’t necessarily lead for but he’s a legacy) they don’t lead for any of those other 4* instate. Also he’s a WR and if a WR chooses UK then you can safely assume that WR smokes crack.

Reactions: StoVol and bignewt
Lol...that’s why UK struggles to find a QB every year.

This is why I was so confused when people brought up wanting Mark Stoops before we hired Heup. Dude can’t find a QB to save his life. Might as well run the triple option.

2020: 121 passing ypg
2019: 113 ypg
2018: 162 ypg
2017: 188 ypg
2016: 186 ypg

They were dead last in the SEC in passing yards per game each of these years except 2016 and 2017. 2016 UK was 2nd to last behind that other offensive juggernaut and QB guru so many here wanted to hire: Gus Malzahn.

Stoops ceiling is about 7 wins per year. The 10 win season was an anomaly. Won’t happen again.

Last edited:
This is why I was so confused when people brought up wanting Mark Stoops before we hired Heup. Dude can’t find a QB to save his life. Might as well run the triple option.

2020: 121 passing ypg
2019: 113 ypg
2018: 162 ypg
2017: 188 ypg
2016: 186 ypg

They were dead last in the SEC in passing yards per game each of these years except 2016 and 2017. 2016 UK was 2nd to last behind that other offensive juggernaut and QB guru so many here wanted to hire: Gus Malzahn.

Stoops ceiling is about 7 wins per year. The 10 win season was an anomaly. Won’t happen again.
Dang I thought we were the only one who sucked in the passing game the majority of the last decade.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Then our dumbass chancellor shouldn’t have plowed over our football program. Pay the $12 mil and we don’t have this shitstorm over our head and we can land a great in state class.
However dumb you may think she is. poi seem to have proven she is smart than your post.

Reactions: butchna
Besides Dane Key (who they don’t necessarily lead for but he’s a legacy) they don’t lead for any of those other 4* instate. Also he’s a WR and if a WR chooses UK then you can safely assume that WR smokes crack.
I mean if a wide receiver also picks Tennessee it’s the same way but sometimes kids want to change programs.

Kentucky offered one of their teammates a PWO so we followed suit and did the same. Full scramble mode now.

Reactions: Catbone
I mean if a wide receiver also picks Tennessee it’s the same way but sometimes kids want to change programs.

Idk if you know this but Pruitt and his anemic offense are no longer in Knoxville. We have an offense that is a WR’s dream now.

Meanwhile UK still has the same coach with multiple years of evidence that show his teams can’t throw the ball.

Idk if you know this but Pruitt and his anemic offense are no longer in Knoxville. We have an offense that is a WR’s dream now.

Meanwhile UK still has the same coach with multiple years of evidence that show his teams can’t throw the ball.
Hired a Leprechaun who served as the Rams assistant WR’s coach, in an effort to open it up. Should be a home run. Seriously, there may be a transition time with that vaunted OL. It’s considered a strength but built for pounding and grounding.

This kid just committed to Rutgers. That will probably be used by UK all the more to tell Wade he is their only QB prospect.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back