'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

Anthony Miller, Paxton Lynch, Darrell Henderson, Tony Pollard, Ronald Leary, Bobby McCain, Arthur Maulet, Stephen Gostkowski, Dontari Poe, Jake Elliot, Genard Avery, Martin Ifedi, etc. They also have multiple players on the current roster that are projected to be drafted. They had an off year last season and still had a winning record. I don't care what conference they are in, if UT and Memphis are the two main teams after a player, especially in a year where we will probably have our worst season ever and Memphis might only lose 1-2 games and they already have an SEC win, something we might not get this year, then yea, I would say they are a threat.
Where do they generally rank in recruiting? That will tell you a lot. Not saying we won't lose an occasional kid to them, but normally there's a reason that doesn't involve them being the preferred destination.

Tore his ACL last week.

If this is true - what do we do here? Keep or git? Numbers are at a premium this year.

ACLs aren’t as devastating an injury as they once were but they still make me weary.

If we keep him we could redshirt and essentially give him two years to heal up and get bigger. A lot think he ends up at OLB anyways.

Where do they generally rank in recruiting? That will tell you a lot. Not saying we won't lose an occasional kid to them, but normally there's a reason that doesn't involve them being the preferred destination.

The last few years they have averaged in the 60s, I believe this year they are in the high 40s. I was more or less saying that they have been a winning team. I believe the only player in the last few years that Memphis has gotten the we actually wanted was Obinna Eze from Davidson Academy. They did get Tim Hart a few years back after we gave him a gitshirt.

If this is true - what do we do here? Keep or git? Numbers are at a premium this year.

ACLs aren’t as devastating an injury as they once were but they still make me weary.

If we keep him we could redshirt and essentially give him two years to heal up and get bigger. A lot think he ends up at OLB anyways.
More than likely was going to red shirt anyway. Might as well keep him imo, they took an early commitment from him.

Reactions: scvolfan7

Tough call. I guess you go with the coaches evaluations assuming they’ve seen him. Hope he makes it to UT and balls out, though.

If you think you’re tired, imagine them going through rehab.

It's "wary"...not weary. Not doing the grammar Nazi thing, just trying to be helpful.

More than likely was going to red shirt anyway. Might as well keep him imo, they took an early commitment from him.

We currently have 67 scholarship players right now. Our coaches are looking to sign guys who can come in and help immediately. This will be an interesting decision for the coaches to make. Williamson is a great athlete who is strong, athletic, fast and physical. He was offered because his talent and 4.5 speed impressed the coaches at UT‘s camp. (Coaches felt he could be faster....)

Williamson‘s limited senior highlights showed a player who is the fastest and best athlete on the field. He’s equally talented on offense and defense. It IS surprising that only 2 other schools have offered. The ACL is a shame, and maybe he can get back to full speed to help us in the future.

Last edited:
We’ll probably have room to keep him in the class. Article above says he expects to be ready for next season. But even if he is he’d be low enough on the depth chart that you could let him sit out all season and then just play him in the final four games of the season and redshirt.

Plus that would give him a year in the S&C program to see how how he grows. If he’s a linebacker or receiver.

Need to take this guy, redshirt him, and let him get stronger and fully healed while his 3 fellow West Tennesseans, Memphians, add depth and dog to our linebacker corps. Numbers won't be a problem in this class. What with known seniors, the guys who have hit, or will hit, the xfer portal, and there's always somebody who doubles down on stupid......we could have 28 to 29 slots. CJP will probably hand out one or two to PWO warriors, but with only 14 pledged right now, we have room.

Last edited:
We currently have 67 scholarship players right now. Our coaches are looking to sign guys who can come in and help immediately. This will be an interesting decision for the coaches to make. Williamson is a great athlete who is strong, athletic, fast and physical. He was offered because his talent and 4.5 speed impressed the coaches at UT‘s camp. (Coaches felt he could be faster....)

Williamson‘s limited senior highlights showed a player who is the fastest and best athlete on the field. He’s equally talented on offense and defense. It IS surprising that only 2 other schools have offered. The ACL is a shame, and maybe he can get back to full speed to help us in the future.
Won't ever have all 25 guys come in and help immediately. Some will always redshirt. He only has 2 offers total, not 2 other offers.

Why would they take an early commitment I wonder? Terrible offer list and now a messed up knee. Eh....
Texas A&M was pushing for him. I believe they wanted to evaluate him a little longer but didn’t want to miss out on him either. He’s a really good athlete that could play several positions.

It really sucks for the kid and I mean you’d like coaches to honor their commitment but Pruitt won’t be kept or fired on whether he’s a nice guy or not.

Idk what I would do here.

I think we’ll blue shirt him and probably take 26-27 instead of 25 given the situation of the roster. You don’t wanna just cut ties with him, too good of an athlete and he was always more of a project to begin with, never was an instant impact guy.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Won't ever have all 25 guys come in and help immediately. Some will always redshirt. He only has 2 offers total, not 2 other offers.

Not what I said. I said coaches have stated they are looking for players who can come in and make an impact.

UT, Memphis & Arkansas State

Last edited:
Got to wondering about him since there’s not been much talk about him coming back to campus, despite all the big recruiting weekends we’ve had the past few weeks.

Noticed he’s showing Memphis a lot of love (via likes etc) on the twitter machine.

I wonder if it means anything or naw.

VN Store

Back