'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

If you don’t think Memphis is a threat you are kidding yourself, receivers put up big numbers, winning team, a team that consistently puts players in the league and the possibility of moving into a P5 conference in the future.

If you don’t think Memphis is a threat you are kidding yourself, receivers put up big numbers, winning team, a team that consistently puts players in the league and the possibility of moving into a P5 conference in the future.
Lol

source.gif

Reactions: MoB_MoVols
8-6 in the American Conference if you want to call that a winning team. Norvell will be gone before too long.
Outside of Anthony Miller, who have they put in the league? Paxton Lynch?
This isn't basketball.
Memphis could beat at least 5 SEC teams this year and about half the last couple of season. This isn't even questionable.

Reactions: jwilliams
Memphis could beat at least 5 SEC teams this year and about half the last couple of season. This isn't even questionable.

If I'm a four star or a 5 star kid, am I going to play at Memphis where I'll win 7-10 games each year in the American Conference and play in front of 20K people every weekend? or go play for a "down" Tennessee team in the SEC and try to be the guy that turns the once a powerhouse program around?
I don't disagree that they'd wipe the floor with us this year, but to say they're a threat in recruiting is ridiculous.

Reactions: VOLUNTEERSZN
If I'm a four star or a 5 star kid, am I going to play at Memphis where I'll win 7-10 games each year in the American Conference and play in front of 20K people every weekend? or go play for a "down" Tennessee team in the SEC and try to be the guy that turns the once a powerhouse program around?
I don't disagree that they'd wipe the floor with us this year, but to say they're a threat in recruiting is ridiculous.
Good point.... This kid isn't a 4 or 5 star.... But I agree, if somehow he ends up at Memphis, it's because we let it happen or he want to win and stay close to home.

8-6 in the American Conference if you want to call that a winning team. Norvell will be gone before too long.
Outside of Anthony Miller, who have they put in the league? Paxton Lynch?
This isn't basketball.

Anthony Miller, Paxton Lynch, Darrell Henderson, Tony Pollard, Ronald Leary, Bobby McCain, Arthur Maulet, Stephen Gostkowski, Dontari Poe, Jake Elliot, Genard Avery, Martin Ifedi, etc. They also have multiple players on the current roster that are projected to be drafted. They had an off year last season and still had a winning record. I don't care what conference they are in, if UT and Memphis are the two main teams after a player, especially in a year where we will probably have our worst season ever and Memphis might only lose 1-2 games and they already have an SEC win, something we might not get this year, then yea, I would say they are a threat.

Reactions: jwilliams
Anthony Miller, Paxton Lynch, Darrell Henderson, Tony Pollard, Ronald Leary, Bobby McCain, Arthur Maulet, Stephen Gostkowski, Dontari Poe, Jake Elliot, Genard Avery, Martin Ifedi, etc. They also have multiple players on the current roster that are projected to be drafted. They had an off year last season and still had a winning record. I don't care what conference they are in, if UT and Memphis are the two main teams after a player, especially in a year where we will probably have our worst season ever and Memphis might only lose 1-2 games and they already have an SEC win, something we might not get this year, then yea, I would say they are a threat.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

DeAngelo Williams ;)

I don't know if Memphis is a recruiting threat to us or not... don't know that much about recruiting. But, they are a good team with a really good coach. New DC this year... if they can build a defense to go with that offense, then they'll be unstoppable.

VN Store

Back