'21 TN ATH Andre Turrentine (Tennessee signee - Transfer from Ohio St.)

I get the excitement about this commitment. But why are some of you acting like this is some kind of massive win for us? Was he a starter at OSU? No. OSU message boards don’t seem upset to lose him at all. One poster said he would likely have never seen the field. I mean this guy wasn’t some can’t miss prospect that is a complete stud.
-Callahan

Reactions: Devo182
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
giphy.gif

No one is saying that. But even Callahan said he could be in strong contention for a starting spot.

Take away all the rest of the noise - isn't someone capable of starting, or at least being a strong backup (here), exactly what we needed? Those are exactly the types we've been honing in on with the portal.
He has four years of eligibility correct? It's basically signing a four star out of high school with a year of college ball under his belt in a position of need. It's a nice get.

I get the excitement about this commitment. But why are some of you acting like this is some kind of massive win for us? Was he a starter at OSU? No. OSU message boards don’t seem upset to lose him at all. One poster said he would likely have never seen the field. I mean this guy wasn’t some can’t miss prospect that is a complete stud.
He wasn't a starter b/c OSU is super deep and had returns they weren't expecting, and that clogged things up at DB. OSU coaches really liked him and wanted to keep him, but understand why he's leaving.

he is a 4 star HS recruit with a year of OSU coaching and college S/C under his belt coming to a defense that needed all the secondary help it could get. It's a GREAT pickup.

He has four years of eligibility correct? It's basically signing a four star out of high school with a year of college ball under his belt in a position of need. It's a nice get.
It's like getting a 4 star DB recruit with a year in OSU S&C and a year of college coaching.

It's a great pickup, no matter where he was on their depth chart in year 2.
uh, it's not like that. it is that.;)
lol

Quick somebody post that pic of guy talking to wall…

Tell me more about that one guy on the OSU board.

No one is saying that. But even Callahan said he could be in strong contention for a starting spot.

Take away all the rest of the noise - isn't someone capable of starting, or at least being a strong backup (here), exactly what we needed? Those are exactly the types we've been honing in on with the portal.

You're hardly going to find any "can't miss players" this late in the portal cycle, but this is the next best thing. Pruitt's penalties have left us in this position. Doing with it the best we can.
I like BOT, but whenever a VOL enters the portal he starts bemoaning the LOSS. This is an addition that more than cancels out any losses this off-season. Was a skeptic on Martinez but he got the best production out of Theo Jackson and now that’s a draft pick on the tik sheet. You have to love the potential he can get out of this former four star.

So you believe OSU fans who resort to the "we didn't want him anyway" and declares him a bust after his freshman season? Smart.

Well he was my top db recruit I was hoping for last year. Check my stats to verify AT’s potential! Plus, we need another AT to replace the one who just left

We also haven’t been near as deep as they have in the secondary. Kid was just a true freshman and truth is if this was 1 yr ago you would be celebrating him committing.

Reactions: 24/7vol and SugarCC
Remember when OSU fans thought Joe Burrow was no big loss? Fans can be wrong.

and Jameson Williams.
A lot of times the kid just needs a better situation. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is another example. He’s still young.

Crazy part is Jameson Williams was behind all those guys at Ohio St, transfers and probably would have been the 1st WR drafted ahead of those guys if he didn't tear his ACL.

If the Callahans sentiments aren't enough for you

You can scout Andre here!

Played the whole game. Nine tackles and a PBU.

I know it's the spring game, but if you play the whole game you aren't too far down the depth chart.

If he's good enough to play there as a redshirt freshman he will fit in well here.

VN Store

Back