'21 TN ATH Andre Turrentine (Tennessee signee - Transfer from Ohio St.)

A look at Ohio State's redshirt freshmen entering 2022 (247sports.com)

ANDRE TURRENTINE, S
247Sports recruiting ranking: 4-star, No. 9 overall safety
Height, weight: 5-foot-11, 195 pounds
2021 experience: Andre Turrentine was the highest-rated safety and the third-highest rated member of the secondary in Ohio State's class. The Nashville, Tennessee native saw action in four games, but only played on defense in one contest, the blowout win at Maryland, playing 10 snaps but recording no statistics.
2022 outlook: Heading into his second season with the Buckeyes, Turrentine will battle to be in one of the three safety spots in Knowles' defense. While this is a deep position group for the Scarlet and Gray, the change in scheme opens more opportunities for the players. If Turrentine has a big spring and shows he can help the defense, expect him to see more playing time next year.

Had 9 tackles in their spring game

I wonder where he projects in our system. His speed was not an asset. My read is that he is a more talented version of McCollough. Any experts know where he fits?

What is that?
New players have to "earn" the right to lose a black stripe of tape from their helmet (indicating they're now a real member of the team). We had a juco transfer OT that was supposed to be a high four star that never did lose his black stripe (and never played a down here either as I recall).

New players have to "earn" the right to lose a black stripe of tape from their helmet (indicating they're now a real member of the team). We had a juco transfer OT that was supposed to be a high four star that never did lose his black stripe (and never played a down here either as I recall).

He actually gained additional stripes and eventually looked like his helmet was sporting a mohawk.

VN Store

Back