'21 TN ATH Andre Turrentine (Tennessee signee - Transfer from Ohio St.)

From an article discussing OSU RFr for the upcoming season:

ANDRE TURRENTINE, S
247Sports recruiting ranking:
4-star, No. 9 overall safety
Height, weight: 5-foot-11, 195 pounds
2021 experience: Andre Turrentine was the highest-rated safety and the third-highest rated member of the secondary in Ohio State's class. The Nashville, Tennessee native saw action in four games, but only played on defense in one contest, the blowout win at Maryland, playing 10 snaps but recording no statistics.
2022 outlook: Heading into his second season with the Buckeyes, Turrentine will battle to be in one of the three safety spots in Knowles' defense. While this is a deep position group for the Scarlet and Gray, the change in scheme opens more opportunities for the players. If Turrentine has a big spring and shows he can help the defense, expect him to see more playing time next year.

I lived in Centerville & Springboro, Ohio for 10 years. Worked in downtown Dayton.
Other than the long gray winters, I enjoyed my time there.
I watched Tennessee beat Syracuse in 1998 at the Hooters in Centerville.
Spent 2.5 years there, living about a block fromCenterville H.S. Winters sucked, not as bad as Youngstown in NE Ohio, where I drilled. Miss the bike trails.

I'd be surpried if this was not true........ OSU is absolutely stacked with safeties in new coach Jim Knowles safety driven defense. Turrentine is good and will play some there but it is the same reason jameson Williams and Joe Burrow transferred, their touches would have been limited and they wouldn't have started.

I'd be surpried if this was not true........ OSU is absolutely stacked with safeties in new coach Jim Knowles safety driven defense. Turrentine is good and will play some there but it is the same reason jameson Williams and Joe Burrow transferred, their touches would have been limited and they wouldn't have started.
I think he can help us if he comes here, for sure.

VN Store

Back