TN and UConn in talks to resume series

Geno is an idiot. An outstanding coach but he's got an idiotic personality. Let's move on.

Geno is an idiot. An outstanding coach but he's got an idiotic personality. Let's move on.

That may very well be,,,He is the highest paid women coach .at 11 million BASE PAY,after you add things up like speaking,and the different shows,and the wine ,and the sauces and the two plus business he owns,and the 9 champ. adds up to around 20 MILLION,,SOME Idiot

Auriemma, 60, will earn $10.8 million, not including bonuses, making him the highest paid women's basketball coach in history. His last deal paid $8 million over five years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That may very well be,,,He is the highest paid women coach .at 11 million BASE PAY,after you add things up like speaking,and the different shows,and the wine ,and the sauces and the two plus business he owns,and the 9 champ. adds up to around 20 MILLION,,SOME Idiot

Auriemma, 60, will earn $10.8 million, not including bonuses, making him the highest paid women's basketball coach in history. His last deal paid $8 million over five years.

You didn't read his post moron...He acknowledged that Auriemma was a great coach but was being critical of his abrasive personality. For which there is ample justification.

Reactions: 2 people
You didn't read his post moron...He acknowledged that Auriemma was a great coach but was being critical of his abrasive personality. For which there is ample justification.

for one name calling I don't do unless I really pissed and you are not far from that.for two if you read the link I posted it would seem cps was just as much to blame as GENO. for three I understood his post ...armchair most of the time pretty much knows what he be talking about.IMO only,both are to blame and since Geno makes such a huge paycheck.he has that right to pretty much say and do what he wants.Even if he called TENN an evil empire for which if you read the link you would see why... as far as mr armchair goes I like him and his posts.{you not so sure]
:shaking2:

I see you finally got a profile now{thats good} how in the god given world can one express one self with name calling {Financial Services Rep First Tenn Bank] I bet you don't...when you chat at your bank?BowlBrother85 now for one get off my back ,read the rules of the Board,Tenn fans I found here are pretty dam smart{you are NOT}

Personal Attacks add nothing to the board. Healthy debate is expected and encouraged, but take the childish insults elsewhere. My philosophy has always been to attack the post and not the poster. Posts such as "your an idiot" don't add to the discussion. With varying opinions and viewpoints, most everyone will view some posts as idiotic. We have two great features to make your experience here more enjoyable:'Ignore thread' and 'Ignore user'. USE THEM.

for one name calling I don't do unless I really pissed and you are not far from that.for two if you read the link I posted it would seem cps was just as much to blame as GENO. for three I understood his post ...armchair most of the time pretty much knows what he be talking about.IMO only,both are to blame and since Geno makes such a huge paycheck.he has that right to pretty much say and do what he wants.Even if he called TENN an evil empire for which if you read the link you would see why... as far as mr armchair goes I like him and his posts.{you not so sure]
:shaking2:

So, in the world of ruggy1 the person who makes the most money is the person that is right in any argument? Very telling.

So, in the world of ruggy1 the person who makes the most money is the person that is right in any argument? Very telling.

Six of the incidents allegedly came out of UConn's 2005 Super Show, an annual celebration of UConn women's basketball that routinely includes former and prospective players. The incidents are:

• UConn alums Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird served as recruiters for the team.

• The media interviewed the [recruiting] prospects at the practice.

• Fans had signs directed at the prospects, clearly aware who would be present.

• Fans gave prospects' parents the signs they had made for their daughters.

• Bird and Taurasi allegedly served as hostesses for the prospects.

Come on now this was a cheap shot at Uconn If Uconn for one second believe Geno had anything to do with this,would they renew his contract? a huge raise?Yes Geno is very cocky at times,downright stinker.Does he care? He sure does..That's his way. the man is very successful at what he does.As to the person who makes the most money is right in any argument. no way ,does the man have that right to defend UCONN,you bet.IF the man DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING would he get such a raise.?Most of all he can back up what he says and the money sure as hell helps...

UConn coach Geno Auriemma told reporters Tennessee coach Pat Summitt canceled the 12-year series between the two schools because Summitt accused the Huskies of "a recruiting violation."

"She accused us of cheating at recruiting," he said. "She doesn't have the courage to say it publicly. So yeah, Geno does know and I've said it."

Last edited:
Well I have two comments here.
Granted I haven't been on VN very long but, who the heck appointed this dipshot Ruggy to speak for Auriemma or anyone else?

Second, if that ESPN link is the extent of the allegations, then I'm embarrassed as a Vol fan that this nonsense has gone on so long. Let's be serious - is that all this brouhaha is over?

Six of the incidents allegedly came out of UConn's 2005 Super Show, an annual celebration of UConn women's basketball that routinely includes former and prospective players. The incidents are:

• UConn alums Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird served as recruiters for the team.

• The media interviewed the [recruiting] prospects at the practice.

• Fans had signs directed at the prospects, clearly aware who would be present.

• Fans gave prospects' parents the signs they had made for their daughters.

• Bird and Taurasi allegedly served as hostesses for the prospects.

Come on now this was a cheap shot at Uconn If Uconn for one second believe Geno had anything to do with this,would they renew his contract? a huge raise?Yes Geno is very cocky at times,downright stinker.Does he care? He sure does..That's his way. the man is very successful at what he does.As to the person who makes the most money is right in any argument. no way ,does the man have that right to defend UCONN,you bet.IF the man DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING would he get such a raise.?Most of all he can back up what he says and the money sure as hell helps...

UConn coach Geno Auriemma told reporters Tennessee coach Pat Summitt canceled the 12-year series between the two schools because Summitt accused the Huskies of "a recruiting violation."

"She accused us of cheating at recruiting," he said. "She doesn't have the courage to say it publicly. So yeah, Geno does know and I've said it."

Looks like by your description Pat was right. In the words of Ruggy1. You bet Geno knew what Taurasi and Byrd were doing. And hell yeah they would bring him back and give him a raise. All he has to do is deny, deny and deny. At this point it is what it is. Whoever has the one or two best players wins. Tennessee will be back! Go Vols!!

Reactions: 3 people
Well I have two comments here.
Granted I haven't been on VN very long but, who the heck appointed this dipshot Ruggy to speak for Auriemma or anyone else?

Second, if that ESPN link is the extent of the allegations, then I'm embarrassed as a Vol fan that this nonsense has gone on so long. Let's be serious - is that all this brouhaha is over?

no one appoointed Ruggy to speak for anyone..

I am and always will be A UCONN fan.I also like TENN {SECOND} I DO NOT HIDE THIS FACT.I love our coach and uconn women.AS YOU ARE A TENN FAN I respect you for that ,I in no way want to get you uptight. BUT I do think I have that right just, as you do to when Tenn be on the chitt list. as far as name calling {dipshot Ruggy } this surprises me somewhat.99 % of Tenn fans are polite{seams you are not]
also when someone makes a post to me I like to know a bit of info on the poster,like your post it means NOTHING>>>>Hide little one HIDE:finger3:

no one appoointed Ruggy to speak for anyone..

I am and always will be A UCONN fan.I also like TENN {SECOND} I DO NOT HIDE THIS FACT.I love our coach and uconn women.AS YOU ARE A TENN FAN I respect you for that ,I in no way want to get you uptight. BUT I do think I have that right just, as you do to when Tenn be on the chitt list. as far as name calling {dipshot Ruggy } this surprises me somewhat.99 % of Tenn fans are polite{seams you are not]
also when someone makes a post to me I like to know a bit of info on the poster,like your post it means NOTHING>>>>Hide little one HIDE:finger3:

:acute: ziggy1, you got to stop giving posters the finger. it's not cool. show some class dude.

Reading, make that "trying" to read your posts gives me a headache, ruggy1.

could you please proofread before you post. thanks in advance?

yer fren gule

:)

VN Store

Back