TN and UConn in talks to resume series

I am not defending him but what do you mean proven cheater? Smu football was a proven cheater, auburn football back in the late 80s, kentucky basketball in the 70s. All proven cheaters.

To date Geno has not been proven a cheater in the public square. Did he provide money and/or jobs to parents or a recruit? That definitely counts lol. Did he tell recruits UT was a lesbian factory? That's morally indefensible but its not cheating as defined by NCAA by laws.

Do you know how much morally indefensible **** is told to kids everyday being recruited I d1 athletics. Tons. It's not cheating.

It was proven but the NCAA refused to act and they were sent the evidence

Reactions: 1 person
These are the players that Tennessee got that UConn was also recruiting (fairly heavily IIRC)

Ariel Massengale
Taber Spani
Alicia Manning
Angie Bjorklund

Of course, UConn got Elena Della Donne and Maya Moore...

If Tennessee gets A'ja Wilson, that will be the first significant recruiting battle that Tennessee has won. Having said that and seeing her in the McD game, she doesn't look like a game changer along the lines of Parker, Moore, EDD, Griner or Stewart. Those are the kinds of battles I'd like to see Tennessee win.

Wilson will choose either UNC or SC

It was proven but the NCAA refused to act and they were sent the evidence

What specifically was proven? What evidence was provided? I've been asking that question for years and I have never gotten an answer.

Was it the handmade sign from the decorated WW2 vet? The limo ride that never happened, the stale fries . . .
The house Auriemma reportedly bought - a rumor invented by an idiot on the Summitt BTW? Maybe the hand bags sold in the co op - perfectly within NCAA rules?

All of that has been discussed ad nauseum but not one scintilla (none, nada, zip, nought, nil) of evidence has been provided that show Auriemma cheated when recruiting Moore.

What was it that you know? If you know what the cheating was share it with the world. If you know what evidence was provided lay it out here. Of course you won't/can't because it doesn't exist.

The forum rules prevents me from saying what kind of person you are.I am not a violent person this kind of posting is downright stupid
I would thoroughly enjoy watching or participating in a public beating of this piece of ****

He is taking a job away from a qualified woman. Go coach men you ****ing punk!!!! He's too scared to coach men.

Okay, there's my point.....

it is as good as your profile NOTHING

My user name is "madbamahater" the "mad" part doesn't mean "mad as in angry"....In the 1980s and early 1990s "mad" was often used to mean "exceptionally good", similar to how "bad" was used as "good" or "cool". As in...."man, did you see that chick? She was bad" (really meaning she was good looking). So my name, madbamahater, is like using "mad" like "yo I got mad skills bro" or "he has mad basketball skills" (really meaning good skills). So its really like I got mad skills at being a bama hater.

You obviously just don't get it or understand. Sorry.

Some might take this as the Lady Vols offering the olive branch of peace and Con spitting on it. Just looking at different ways it might be viewed.

Reactions: 3 people
These are the players that Tennessee got that UConn was also recruiting (fairly heavily IIRC)

Ariel Massengale
Taber Spani
Alicia Manning
Angie Bjorklund

Of course, UConn got Elena Della Donne and Maya Moore...

If Tennessee gets A'ja Wilson, that will be the first significant recruiting battle that Tennessee has won. Having said that and seeing her in the McD game, she doesn't look like a game changer along the lines of Parker, Moore, EDD, Griner or Stewart. Those are the kinds of battles I'd like to see Tennessee win.

^This means that the TN recruiting is way off base with the evaluative methodologies they employ to discern who to recruit. A player may be in the top 5 in their recruiting rank, but apparently UCONN knows which within that top 5 have the greatest chance of being an impact player. We have top 5-10 recruits out of their respective classes each year, but we must be getting the second tier, bigger 'uncertainty' type players...

we will probably never know exactly why CPS put a stop to the series,I am sure she had her reasons and we all know the type of a quality person she is,so that decision has never bothered me

but now CHW has put the offer out to UConn to resume the series and was promptly pretty well told no,why should CHW have to apologize for the Legend ? which we and Geno know will never happen

Geno doesn't want the Lady Vols back on the schedule every year,that is the only reason that makes sense to me,what would be any other ? if he wasn't worried about them and see them as a automatic win every year,as some fans on here seem to think will happen,why not

from what was posted,his answer is a resounding no,so he has some major concerns about playing the Lady Vols every year it seems,CHW and company doesn't :) I would like to see them play every year myself,but it isn't going to happen any time soon,Geno knows what is coming,that is all i can think of,from his actions

Jan. 1, 2000 UConn 81 U.T. 92 (Tenn)
Jan. 8, 2000 UConn 74 U.T. 67 (Conn)
Feb. 2, 2000 UConn 71 U.T. 72 (Tenn)
Apr. 2, 2000 UConn 71 U.T. 52 (UConn in a blow out)
Dec.3, 2000 UConn 81 U.T. 76 (UConn)
Feb.1, 2001 UConn 88 U.T. 91 (Tenn)
Jan. 5,2002 UConn 86 U.T. 72 (UConn in a blow out)
Mar. 29, 2002 UConn 79 U.T. 56 (UConn in a blow out)
Jan. 4, 2003 UConn 63 U.T. 62 (UConn)
Apr. 8, 2003 UConn 73 U.T. 68 (UConn)
Feb. 5, 2004 UConn 81 U.T. 67 (UConn in a blow out)
Apr. 6, 2004 UConn 70 U.T. 61 (UConn)
Jan. 8, 2005 UConn 67 U.T. 68 (Tenn)
Jan. 7, 2006 UConn 80 U.T. 89 (Tenn)
Jan. 6, 2007 UConn 64 U.T. 70 (Tenn)

To be fair you have to go back to 95 when we kicked A$$

I will say one thing in Geno's defense before going on the attack. I don't believe that he told Maya Moore or her mom that Pat Summitt and her staff were all lesbians (although Holly Warlick and Mickie DeMoss may very well be...but who cares?)...Such a tactic could so easily backfire in a sport where lesbians are all over the landscape that it wouldn't be worth the risk. Every program has had lesbians and quite frankly needs them. Now, his demand for an apology demonstrates what an out of control ego the man has. Tennessee doesn't need that series for national exposure. Tennessee plays in the nation's best and highest profile athletic conference and with the SEC Network set to launch in August most of their conference games will be nationally televised now. The demand for that network will be off the chart because of football. UConn is the program in the mid-major conference and I say let them rot in obscurity. Eventually, being in such a nondescript league will affect their recruiting. There is no reason for Tennessee to give them a high profile game while we are playing catch up.

Reactions: 6 people
The series usually went according to who had the superstar player(s). When Pat had the 3 'meeks' UT won, and again when she had CP. UConn won when Geno had Rebecca Lobo, then again with Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore. Right now UConn has the better players starting w/ Breanna Stewart, and if Geno gets A'ja Wilson, Holly should definitely not want any part of UConn.

Qft. This is exactly the statement Geno made when Tennessee had Catchings on their team. Whatever team in the country has the great players will dominate and win. Period.

Jan. 1, 2000 UConn 81 U.T. 92 (Tenn)
Jan. 8, 2000 UConn 74 U.T. 67 (Conn)
Feb. 2, 2000 UConn 71 U.T. 72 (Tenn)
Apr. 2, 2000 UConn 71 U.T. 52 (UConn in a blow out)
Dec.3, 2000 UConn 81 U.T. 76 (UConn)
Feb.1, 2001 UConn 88 U.T. 91 (Tenn)
Jan. 5,2002 UConn 86 U.T. 72 (UConn in a blow out)
Mar. 29, 2002 UConn 79 U.T. 56 (UConn in a blow out)
Jan. 4, 2003 UConn 63 U.T. 62 (UConn)
Apr. 8, 2003 UConn 73 U.T. 68 (UConn)
Feb. 5, 2004 UConn 81 U.T. 67 (UConn in a blow out)
Apr. 6, 2004 UConn 70 U.T. 61 (UConn)
Jan. 8, 2005 UConn 67 U.T. 68 (Tenn)
Jan. 7, 2006 UConn 80 U.T. 89 (Tenn)
Jan. 6, 2007 UConn 64 U.T. 70 (Tenn)

The blow out reference you make to me could mean Geno doesn't let up and call off the dogs as Pat did.

The blow out reference you make to me could mean Geno doesn't let up and call off the dogs as Pat did.

The times that UConn won big was when there was a pretty big gap in talent between the two teams. I think you'd have to go back to 1998 to find a time that Tennessee was head and shoulders above UConn.

UConn's teams in 2002 and 2004 were way better than Tennessee. Tennessee didn't have that wide a talent gap (UConn still had Tina Charles and Renee Montgomery for most of those years) during the final 3-4 game winning streak, which is why the games were more competitive.

I will say one thing in Geno's defense before going on the attack. I don't believe that he told Maya Moore or her mom that Pat Summitt and her staff were all lesbians (although Holly Warlick and Mickie DeMoss may very well be...but who cares?)...Such a tactic could so easily backfire in a sport where lesbians are all over the landscape that it wouldn't be worth the risk. Every program has had lesbians and quite frankly needs them. Now, his demand for an apology demonstrates what an out of control ego the man has. Tennessee doesn't need that series for national exposure. Tennessee plays in the nation's best and highest profile athletic conference and with the SEC Network set to launch in August most of their conference games will be nationally televised now. The demand for that network will be off the chart because of football. UConn is the program in the mid-major conference and I say let them rot in obscurity. Eventually, being in such a nondescript league will affect their recruiting. There is no reason for Tennessee to give them a high profile game while we are playing catch up.

I agree with a lot of what you say but I'm not sure how him asking for an apology symbolizes an "out of control ego". Let's assume 2 potential scenarios:

1. Geno didn't do anything Pat accused him of in which case of course he is going to demand an apology. Anyone else would do the same thing if they were professionally maligned in that way. I would and I am not an ego maniac

2. Geno is absolutely guilty of the things Pat accused him however Geno is a chess player (and smarter than our people by half if you ask me). Geno knows that because Pat didn't lay out the facts behind her accusations he looks like the maligned one in public. At that point if you are Geno, why not demand an apology to keep that persona up, bring back up the issue of Tennessee not being willing to defend our accusations, and then rub our faces in it when we don't apologize.

Geno knows we will never apologize for the past. He is just trolling us at this point. The people at UT were too stupid to realize they were walking into a trap when they brought renewing the series back up.

What specifically was proven? What evidence was provided? I've been asking that question for years and I have never gotten an answer.

Was it the handmade sign from the decorated WW2 vet? The limo ride that never happened, the stale fries . . .
The house Auriemma reportedly bought - a rumor invented by an idiot on the Summitt BTW? Maybe the hand bags sold in the co op - perfectly within NCAA rules?

All of that has been discussed ad nauseum but not one scintilla (none, nada, zip, nought, nil) of evidence has been provided that show Auriemma cheated when recruiting Moore.

What was it that you know? If you know what the cheating was share it with the world. If you know what evidence was provided lay it out here. Of course you won't/can't because it doesn't exist.

Vol67 - Where are you?????

Reactions: 2 people
One thing I know for sure is there will be no apologies from Tennessee. None is necessary there was something there not saying UConn did anything wrong, but definitely was some favors being asked of teams by the people in question.
If we ever play again it will have to be let's play and forget the past. If that can't happen then Tennessee and UConn will never play again in the regular season.

“I asked him if he wanted to play,” Warlick said. “He said he would if I apologized to his fans, former players, Maya Moore, her mother. I’m not going to do that.”

When asked Tuesday if an apology was a prerequisite, Auriemma said: “I want to make sure that we set the record straight.

It appears to me Geno is not really interested in resuming the series. In asking for an apology before the series could resume, he put a requisite out there that he knew HW would have to refuse.

Yes, you are right something that anybody would refuse.

The “I want to make sure that we set the record straight." statement is a good Sound bite for Auriemma.

Not sure but Holly may should have addressed that statement about getting the record straight. With a statement of her own.

Why would I apologize or what is there to apologize about?

Don't ever wrestle with a pig (Geno),

You will get dirty, the pig will never play by the rules, and the pig will always enjoy it.

Yes, you are right something that anybody would refuse.

The “I want to make sure that we set the record straight." statement is a good Sound bite for Auriemma.

Not sure but Holly may should have addressed that statement about getting the record straight. With a statement of her own.

Why would I apologize or what is there to apologize about?

Don't ever wrestle with a pig (Geno),

You will get dirty, the pig will never play by the rules, and the pig will always enjoy it.

not sure I am happy with this,GENO is and never would be a pig.Great yes.would I call Pat a pig? nope no way no how,I know full well what CPS did for women basket ball,I respect that lady.To apologize to UCONN IMO is not right,what happen in the past should not affect Tenn women, Now,this chit should not affect Holly in any way

Who the hell does Geno even want to give this apology? I've always been under the impression that the beef between Tenn and UConn was strictly among Pat and Geno. So why involve anyone else after all this time? Does he want someone to apologize on the behalf of a terminally ill person? If Geno is demanding an apology from a woman with Alzheimer's over a 7 year old dispute then all I have to say to that is it exemplifies what an insensitive and petty little man he really is. He comes away from this really looking like an ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back