Time to pay Coach Garner

What do you mean that you don’t hire him for his coaching acumen? Since he became the defensive line coach at UGA in 1998, he’s produced 28 draft picks, including six first rounders. The only other coaches who can come close to matching that are Ed Orgeron and Larry Johnson.
He was fired from UGA for being a bad recruiter

Why? Without AU bagmen, he doesn't seem to have his old mojo. Fine if he stays but I don't think it's worth getting in a bidding war with AU over him.
Are you serious Clark?
1) on the field results were pretty good given its the same guys minus a couple transfers that Pruitt had rushing the passer and better results
2) I think some of you all are under valuing the DL recruits we added
3) I think he is one of the few SEC vets on the staff. Only one who has always recruited the big fish imo. Like 25 years in the SEC, that's a lot of connections.

Just saying, I thought he deserved a raise before Harsin news.

He was fired from UGA for being a bad recruiter

Assuming your talking about CRG here….

Maybe it’s just me but maybe it’s not him that’s the problem. Maybe it’s the mindset of some of the players. When kids as recently as this past class say I don’t fit his style or culture it’s not a coach problem. Some don’t want to be pushed to see their pull potential and CRG lays it out early.

Reactions: BigDave
IF rumors out of Auburn are true, and Auburn Money Boosters fire Harbin and bring in Kevin Steele, you can bet one of his first phone calls, (before he even accepts) would be to Coach Garnet.. PAY the Man and lock him in
Why do we care about Coach GARNET...or if he gets paid?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
If anyone here did not see the improvement in our defensive line last year,with an up-the-field drive instead of waiting on a blocker to engage you,you watched no Tennessee football games in 21.Pay Coach Garner and keep him here as long as he wants!

Sounds like an old Niedermeyer thread. "We better pay him cuz..." Same manufactured angst with the big difference that Garner IS being paid very well and is actually worth it...proven through time. The man puts in time wherever he goes. Hiring him away after a one year rental isn't his story.

Last edited:
Here it is again. I remember many on these threads saying we better lock Dooley up because he was going to GA. Then it was better lock Butch up because Michigan is calling. And the best yet, better lock Pruitt up because Bama was definitely hiring him to succeed Saban.

Dang I thought he had pulled a big time fish didn't know it was another freak out o well back to watching basketball.

IF rumors out of Auburn are true, and Auburn Money Boosters fire Harbin and bring in Kevin Steele, you can bet one of his first phone calls, (before he even accepts) would be to Coach Garnet.. PAY the Man and lock him in
Just stop.

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back