Time no longer on College Football’s side: CBS

Of the Positives; 99% Recovery rate. JUST TAKE THE DAMN TEMPS AND CARRY ON. Hell wear a mask if you're afraid. But Don't Lay Down and Die.

So much misinformation flowing out there. Know this: You can have the virus and NOT have a fever.

The signs and symptoms of COVID-19 present at illness onset vary, but over the course of the disease, most persons with COVID-19 will experience the following:
Fever (83–99%) Cough (59–82%) Fatigue (44–70%) Anorexia (40–84%) Shortness of breath (31–40%) Sputum production (28–33%) Myalgias (11–35%)
Atypical presentations have been described, and older adults and persons with medical comorbidities may have delayed presentation of fever and respiratory symptoms.

SOURCE: CDC

Bring all the students back to campus as normal and house the all the athletes someplace else on campus and do all virtual classes there for they don’t come in contact with normal students daily and could control environment a little more!!
Yeah, try telling 20 year olds not to go out and party, even if they can't do it in public at a bar or club, college students are gonna mingle.

At 85 you have a good chance of dying from anything. This graph is BS. I know tons of people that have had it including an 87 yr old man with COPD. Most didnt know they had it, including him. He was in a nursing home and 15 other people got it also. None of them died. Most of the symptoms lasted 2 days. If you want to wear your mask please go ahead and do you. My wife is a Nurse & a regional hospice manager for a large hospice company. Trust me, there are alot more deadly things out there to worry about than Covid.

Your anecdotal evidence is poor. I, and millions of other Americans wear masks to protect YOU, and do so because it's the responsible thing to do. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and all that jazz right?

If you don't want to be a giant ignoramus in the face of all this, and want your football back on, then i suggest you listen to health care professionals... Or just never leave your damn house. I'd be fine with that.

If true fans want sports then put on mask and stop ignoring the suggestions of the people that run the states. It doesn't matter what we feel or believe if the numbers continue to rise they are going to shut sports down. It can be less than the flu or a thousand times greater doesn't matter if the number don't improve or get worse they are going to shut it down.

There’s also no vaccine for stupid either and the world is full of it. The numbers don’t lie as far as how many cases of the flu or Covid goes around. Unless, you get it from CNN, etc.
I don't know how many times you've been told that the 'flu' and covid-19 are not the same and that the latter is many many many times deadlier, and that you can pass it unknowingly to people you care about that WILL DIE from having it, but here's one last time.

I am 50

I have a 25 year old gf (humble brag, hehe)

When we hang out with my friends: wear masks religiously, listen to The Smiths/The Cure, use hand sanitizer a couple times per night, thoughtfully distance, and eat lobster/steak while we drink good red wine from someone's cellar

When we hang out with her friends: no masks on a one of them, watch them share water bottles and kiss all over each other, listen to Bassnectar, eat fajitas with same fork from a common pot, drink White Claw

It is night and day, why I got tested Monday, and why this COVID thing is not going away anytime soon

IMHO football ain't happening any time soon with the attitude these days. Actually walked into a Walmart in western CO while camping that had a sign out front: this is a no mask zone. WTF?

Last edited:
Reactions: SpookyAction
I don't know how many times you've been told that the 'flu' and covid-19 are not the same and that the latter is many many many times deadlier, and that you can pass it unknowingly to people you care about that WILL DIE from having it, but here's one last time. Maybe it'll stick in that howling void of a skull and not shoot out the ears just the one time.

When attempting to convince others that you are right about something, probably should try less name-calling. The lack of ability to debate without resorting to personal insults puts into question who might actually be the one with a howling void of a skull after all

I guess our response to C19 is just like politics ... Your opinion is right ...even if it is in direct contradiction to any and all facts ...and my two cents is malarky simply because I do not like your nose. Play ball!

Reactions: cgrish and 08Vol
Believe it or not, I actually agree with you that a vaccine is not in the cards... anytime soon, at least. Here we are... what... 40 years after AIDS came to the forefront (it's actually been around since the 1920s), and where's that vaccine? Can't be done because the virus constantly mutates, as I understand it.

Politicians and some others are selling us a dream. Promising a vaccine... a light at the end of the tunnel by year's end. Lies. All lies. Nobody knows how this will really end.

Exactly, which is why we must continue to live and learn to live with C-19. It's here; not going away. We can't cancel life; IMO we'll have a college football season. Too much depends on it..............

Where do you come up with all this BS?

(1) Your suggestion that we'll never have a cure/vaccine isn't supported by any mainstream science organizations that I'm aware of. If you have a link to some quack, go ahead and post it;

(2) Your claim that the percentage of people testing positive isn't increasing is wrong regarding the states where CV19 is out of control (FL, TX, AZ, CA, etc.);

View attachment 290968

View attachment 290969

(3) Thus your claim that infection rate has skyrocketed largely due to an increase in testing is similarly wrong; and

View attachment 290970

(4) It's not (Jalen) "Hurd" immunity, it's Herd immunity, as in a bunch of cows in a field.

Look, man, I don't mean to beat up your post to be a jerk about it. Just do everyone a favor and stop spreading unsupported garbage to rile up folks. Let the scientists do their job (find a cure), politicians do their's (lie), and we do ours (wait).

Cases are going up as more are testing positive that are asymptomatic, deaths are at a low point.

What is your definition of “out of control” in Texas?

To date, we have 195,239 cases out of 2,371,709 people tested (8.2% positive cases) in TX. There have been 2,637 deaths from the positive cases (1.35% of cases or 0.0091% of the state population).

In Tennessee, there have been 51,431 cases out of 895,796 tested (or 5.7%). There have been 646 deaths from the positive cases (1.25% of cases or 0.0095% of the state population).

New Cases
There were 3,449 new TX cases and 1,291 new TN cases on July 5. If TN had the same population of TX, the new case number would have been 5,506 in TN.

Hospitalizations
Currently, there are 8,181 COVID patients in TX hospitals and 2,871 COVID patients in TN hospitals. If TN had the same population as TX, the hospitalization number would have been 12,244 in TN.

if my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I don't know how many times you've been told that the 'flu' and covid-19 are not the same and that the latter is many many many times deadlier, and that you can pass it unknowingly to people you care about that WILL DIE from having it, but here's one last time. Maybe it'll stick in that howling void of a skull and not shoot out the ears just the one time.
It sure didn’t, but good try.

Where do you come up with all this BS?

(1) Your suggestion that we'll never have a cure/vaccine isn't supported by any mainstream science organizations that I'm aware of. If you have a link to some quack, go ahead and post it;

(2) Your claim that the percentage of people testing positive isn't increasing is wrong regarding the states where CV19 is out of control (FL, TX, AZ, CA, etc.);

View attachment 290968

View attachment 290969

(3) Thus your claim that infection rate has skyrocketed largely due to an increase in testing is similarly wrong; and

View attachment 290970

(4) It's not (Jalen) "Hurd" immunity, it's Herd immunity, as in a bunch of cows in a field.

Look, man, I don't mean to beat up your post to be a jerk about it. Just do everyone a favor and stop spreading unsupported garbage to rile up folks. Let the scientists do their job (find a cure), politicians do their's (lie), and we do ours (wait).
Sure man there it is, day by day with tests per day, current hospitalized, and positive tests.We are testing over 600k every single day now.
https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

Baseball has been played for for months in both South Korea and the Republic of China. Soccer has been back for a couple of weeks in England. F1 is racing now. The Tour de France (the largest attended sporting event in the world) announced today that at this point they see no additional precautions will be needed for fans outside of what they already established in 2015 after the terrorist attacks that swept through France.

There's two months before the start of football to get their fecal matter together. Calm down.

Last edited:
We're never going to have a cure or a vaccine due to the nature of the illness. We've already identified some effective treatments. Fewer people are dying and the infection rate has "skyrocketed" largely due to an increase in testing. Here in Oregon, for instance, I have personally monitored the state's official website almost daily for the past several months. The number of confirmed cases has doubled over the past several weeks, but so has the number of people being tested. The percentage of negative test results has remained constant at about 96.5%. That means only about 3.5% of those who are judged to be in need of testing are actually testing positive.

We were always expecting there to be more cases. The quarantine was meant to ensure that we didn't overwhelm our resources at a time when we did not know how bad it might be and we needed time to prepare to deal with it. Now we have more cases and a declining death rate, which is exactly what we need. Hurd immunity is the way out. Those at greatest risk should continue to quarantine, of course. But the rest of us need to get on with our lives, while continuing to take reasonable precautions.

I mostly agree with your second paragraph. I have to make a living, and I have to work.

But the spike is not just more testing. The Shelby County positivity rate rose last week to between 13-16% per day. We just canceled our annual trip to the South Carolina beach because South Carolina had days where the positivity rate was 20%. I don’t know exact numbers, but I believe Texas and Florida have gone up as well. Health professionals say anything below 10% is manageable. Death rate is good, but hospitalizations are up.

I hope there is some way to navigate college football, but it won’t be easy, and it will be a wild ride.

Baseball has been played for for months in both South Korea and the Republic of China. Soccer has been back for a couple of weeks in England. F1 is racing now. The Tour de France (the largest attended sporting event in the world) announced today that at this point they see no additional precautions will be needed for fans outside of what they already established in 2015 after the terrorist attacks that swept through France.

There's two months before the start of football to get their fecal matter together. Calm down.

It's important to keep in mind that the citizens and leadership in those countries took the threat seriously, adhered to lockdown / quarantine guidelines, wore masks, and otherwise made a collective effort to stem the spread of the disease

Life in Japan (excluding Tokyo) has been mostly normal for the past two months because people here wore masks, followed social distancing guidelines, and leadership took the virus seriously. My prefecture has reported just 2 new cases since May.

Because people worked together and addressed the threat, life is somewhat returning to normal. This includes sports, the ability to go out to bars and restaurants, and the ability to gather with people you don't normally see every day.

(This next part is not specifically addressed to you, dobre; I don't know how you feel about things).

It's not "fear" or "cowardice" or a symptom of "the wussification of America" to wear a mask or temporarily live your life in such a way to prevent others from getting infected. No one cares about your posturing or "bravery". If you wanna be a selfish douche, fine; that's your right as an American. If you want sports back, be a selfish douche while following distancing and mask guidelines.

America is the only country on the planet where people politicize trying to stay healthy. It's downright embarrassing.

VN Store

Back