Tim Banks Appreciation

I’m pleased and hopeful for future the future of Tennessee football. I see improvement in the administration and the sports programs for the first time in years. Football’s future at Tennessee is rising. GBO.

Other than maybe Vandy, who are the other 8 that inherited a roster and culture more depleted than ours, and an environment more toxic? Because last I checked, everyone from the most optimistic fan to most well respected national sports personality had us written off for dead after Pruitt’s departure.
Missouri, UK, USC, Purdue, Pitt, and whoever else besides the big 3. Had more talent than all of them and a lot more than most of them

you've lost your mind
Yea, Alabama. Georgia and Florida all were more talented that the Vols in Heupel's first season. Ole Miss. Pitt, Missouri and Kentucky were all about even with Tennessee talent wise...using the 247 team composite rankings. But we were more talented than the other 5 teams...

Missouri, UK, USC, Purdue, Pitt, and whoever else besides the big 3. Had more talent than all of them and a lot more than most of them
If you’re argument is that those teams had a more toxic, depleted raster than TN’s did after Pruitt, you’re 🦇 💩 crazy. It’s just not worth the hassle of arguing with ignorance.

If you’re argument is that those teams had a more toxic, depleted raster than TN’s did after Pruitt, you’re 🦇 💩 crazy. It’s just not worth the hassle of arguing with ignorance.
I’m saying we had more talent than all those teams even with the “depleted” roster

Yea, Alabama. Georgia and Florida all were more talented that the Vols in Heupel's first season. Ole Miss. Pitt, Missouri and Kentucky were all about even with Tennessee talent wise...using the 247 team composite rankings. But we were more talented than the other 5 teams...
You can’t simply look at that. A Pruitt 4-star is not equivalent to a Kiffin 4-star. Have to consider how many NFL players were on each roster. Have to consider how many game changing players are on each roster. Ole Miss had Coral in his prime and some elite receivers. Pitt had Pickett in his prime and one of the best defensive lines in the nation. We were probably better than Missouri. Can’t remember who Kentucky had. But most of our 4-star players were overrated and underdeveloped.

You can’t simply look at that. A Pruitt 4-star is not equivalent to a Kiffin 4-star. Have to consider how many NFL players were on each roster. Have to consider how many game changing players are on each roster. Ole Miss had Coral in his prime and some elite receivers. Pitt had Pickett in his prime and one of the best defensive lines in the nation. We were probably better than Missouri. Can’t remember who Kentucky had. But most of our 4-star players were overrated and underdeveloped.
But it's a good starting point...my comment was in reference to the comment that we had superior talent to 9 of our opponents in Heupel's first year - that's a delusion. We had a clear talent advantage over at most 5 of our opponents that year and as you noted, just the sum of the talent isn't the end all factor - a really good QB (like Coral) can negate a lot of individual 4 stars. A bad QB definitely can negate a lot of 4-star talent - JG is a good example.

I think Heupel and Banks both get more of the players than previous coaching staffs.

Defense has been suspect since Heupel got here, the secondary is abysmal, poorly coached and devoid of proper individual technique, led by a has been secondary coach that was run out of town once and should never have been allowed back in.

Defense has been suspect since Heupel got here, the secondary is abysmal, poorly coached and devoid of proper individual technique, led by a has been secondary coach that was run out of town once and should never have been allowed back in.
The D side of the ball needs new leadership.
Bad coaching!

VN Store

Back