Tillman

I would take Tillman over Jalin... He is the better overall receiver and his hands are elite... Tillman Injury made many forget what he did the year before and what he was projected to do... Hyatt took advantage and balled out no doubt.. But just weird how we don't seem to give Tillman his due

I would take Tillman over Jalin... He is the better overall receiver and his hands are elite... Tillman Injury made many forget what he did the year before and what he was projected to do... Hyatt took advantage and balled out no doubt.. But just weird how we don't seem to give Tillman his due
Recency bias maybe? They are both excellent players

We were always expecting big things out of Hyatt.
Tillman was a pleasant surprise in 2021.

Both guys can make plays over the top and over the middle. Difference being Tillman will get caught while Hyatt has probably a greater step on the defender is taking it to the house...

Hyatt has the extra gear that most WRs don't have. All those DBs that ran 4.3 at the Combine would all get toasted by Hyatt.
Hyatt is the better player, because he gives you that rare ability of a true deep threat.
You just don't have that a lot...

It’s not an either/or imo. They have differing yet distinct strengths, so it hinges on what the drafting team is targeting.

It’s not an either/or imo. They have differing yet distinct strengths, so it hinges on what the drafting team is targeting.

This. Hyatt will benefit greatly by going to a team with a style personnel to optimize his strengths. Tillman, IMO, has a more broad based skill set.

FWIW, Tillman ran the 9th fastest 40, among the 43 WRs who ran, using the size-adjusted speed metric.

For comparison, Hyatt was 25th out of 43.

FWIW, Tillman ran the 9th fastest 40, among the 43 WRs who ran, using the size-adjusted speed metric.

For comparison, Hyatt was 25th out of 43.
Watch them both run. One was about to start decelerating and the other could keep the speed for a long time. Hyatt doesn’t beat people from 10-30yards. He pulls away from 30-50.

Watch them both run. One was about to start decelerating and the other could keep the speed for a long time. Hyatt doesn’t beat people from 10-30yards. He pulls away from 30-50.
I did watch them both run. The object of making the comparison isn't to pit one versus the other. I'm just highlighting Ced's athleticism at his size. Not a ton of straight line 40-yard routes being run, anyway, so I'd put more emphasis on the explosion and agility drills. Neither tested in the agility drill, and both performed well in the jump drills.

Reactions: loosecannon
I did watch them both run. The object of making the comparison isn't to pit one versus the other. I'm just highlighting Ced's athleticism at his size. Not a ton of straight line 40-yard routes being run, anyway, so I'd put more emphasis on the explosion and agility drills. Neither tested in the agility drill, and both performed well in the jump drills.
Fair enough. Both are plenty athletic. A lot of people on here don’t understand the difference in a on running a 4.4 and Hyatt running a 4.4.

VN Store

Back