TIL: if you have internet with your home phone provider

Today I learned that if you have internet with your home phone provider, don’t port out your home number or it cancels your entire account. So here I sit, with the Braves on at 4:30 and the Tennessee game this weekend, without internet, possibly until next week.
DSL only

Who is your provider? Surely, your Internet access can be restored before 7pm Saturday?
My provider is TDS. It’s going to be Wednesday before I get internet back.

My provider is TDS. It’s going to be Wednesday before I get internet back.
Good giggley wiggley, Freak. I only know TDS from rural Camden county on the Georgia coast. They bought up old POTS grids and offered DSL at 6mbps. Had no idea that they had any fiber. Well, your experience with their service matches my knowledge of them. Sympathies.

Good giggley wiggley, Freak. I only know TDS from rural Camden county on the Georgia coast. They bought up old POTS grids and offered DSL at 6mbps. Had no idea that they had any fiber. Well, your experience with their service matches my knowledge of them. Sympathies.
My experience with TDS has been fantastic to this point, especially compared to Charter/Spectrum. Their fiber and cable service has been top-notch. I don’t like how this has gone down but I guess it’s my own fault for not asking questions before porting out my number.

Reactions: Tin Man
We've still got a land land cause I'm not giving my cell number if I don't have to.
Since Charter periodically waves free phone at us (we have cable internet and tv), I’d like to get it as a “house phone number” for the same reason.

Not paying for a land line tho.

Reactions: vollygirl
Since Charter periodically waves free phone at us (we have cable internet and tv), I’d like to get it as a “house phone number” for the same reason.

Not paying for a land line tho.
I still have one for that reason and so my young children could call 911 with location. They aren’t young now, and my wife keeps telling me to pull it.
Ours is part of the fiber optics package. Had Bellsouth before I switched to EPB and it was $45 just for a dial tone. Ridiculous.

Reactions: VolNExile
I still have one for that reason and so my young children could call 911 with location. They aren’t young now, and my wife keeps telling me to pull it.
That's also a good reason and that's why our local telephone co-op requires a home phone with all internet or television service.

Our local 911 automatically knows your location when called from landline.

VN Store

Back