Tight End

When was Princeton Fant played or even practiced anywhere on the OL? I must have missed something.

He was moved around on the line a lot, I think by both Lyle Allen and Jeremy. Didn't see to stick anywhere for whatever reason. I just think he may be ready for the TE role by now and just want him to have a shot to get away from Pope's repeated false starts that cost us momentum.

200 completion by our QB's less than 20 to TE. why not just put another monster offensive lineman to run or pass block. some reason we don't throw to them

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He was moved around on the line a lot, I think by both Lyle Allen and Jeremy. Didn't see to stick anywhere for whatever reason. I just think he may be ready for the TE role by now and just want him to have a shot to get away from Pope's repeated false starts that cost us momentum.

Woodsman, are you sure your not thinking @ WR and RB? I know he got looks there. But that guy isn't 250# soaked and wet.

"Fant bounced around between running back and tight end in 2018 and split time at tight end and wide receiver last season. When Pope went out of the bowl game against Indiana, the 6-foot-2, 232-pounder saw the most extensive action perhaps of his career"

"Fant has played everywhere on offense but quarterback and offensive line, but he has a golden opportunity to make a move at tight end"

FANT clearly didn't play OL...if your gonna post an article at least read it

Just my hope we see Princeton Fant get a serious shot at being our TE. Much as I like Pope, I'm peeved at the fact he costs us seriously lost yardage with his tendency for false starts at the worse possible times. I think by now and with Fant having been put in so many places along the OL, he should be a viable option by now. In any case, if more info is desired on our TE situation, you'll find it here: Offseason Outlook: Who will step up at TE for Vols?
Pope is horrible. That guy was a busted play waiting to happen.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Apparently, Kirby Smart thinks he is.

He wasn't even the better of the two Wolf brothers at the TE position. He walked on at UT, earned a scholly under Butch Jones. Of course much like all the TEs while he was on The Hill he was a great TE as long as he wasn't asked to block or catch a pass. During his tenure most all of our TEs on any given play when asked to block were whiffing, tying their cleats, or running around their assignment to keep from making contact. If Kirby got serviceable minutes out of him, good for Kirby.,

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He wasn't even the better of the two Wolf brothers at the TE position. He walked on at UT, earned a scholly under Butch Jones. Of course much like all the TEs while he was on The Hill he was a great TE as long as he wasn't asked to block or catch a pass. During his tenure most all of our TEs on any given play when asked to block were whiffing, tying their cleats, or running around their assignment to keep from making contact. If Kirby got serviceable minutes out of him, good for Kirby.,[/

Based of the UGA games I saw, he did....

VN Store

Back