Tight End

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Just my hope we see Princeton Fant get a serious shot at being our TE. Much as I like Pope, I'm peeved at the fact he costs us seriously lost yardage with his tendency for false starts at the worse possible times. I think by now and with Fant having been put in so many places along the OL, he should be a viable option by now. In any case, if more info is desired on our TE situation, you'll find it here: Offseason Outlook: Who will step up at TE for Vols?

Until we get an elite TE signee, I feel anything aside from the TEs being solid (reliable blockers, just enough catches to keep defenses honest) will be a bonus this year... and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Dominick Woods Anderson was the #1 Juco player if I remember correctly. Problem is no one threw him the 🏈!
He dropped a lot of oasses early on and could not block at all. When he finally did catch the ball, he could not get many yards after the catch. He was a big disappointment and they did much better with the offense with Pope.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
When was Princeton Fant played or even practiced anywhere on the OL? I must have missed something.

Dominick Woods Anderson was the #1 Juco player if I remember correctly. Problem is no one threw him the 🏈!

DWA should‘ve been JG‘s best friend last year. He should’ve been his bail out. I feel like we tried to isolate him a lot in the redzone the way a lot of NFL teams to do creating mismatches with their athletic TE’s, but it seemed like it never worked because it just didn’t work.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DWA goes into the League and has a long career.

DWA should‘ve been JG‘s best friend last year. He should’ve been his bail out. I feel like we tried to isolate him a lot in the redzone the way a lot of NFL teams to do creating mismatches with their athletic TE’s, but it seemed like it never worked because it just didn’t work.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DWA goes into the League and has a long career.

It never worked because teams were not afraid of us running it up the gut to score. They just played press man coverage and waited for JG to throw the ball in the redzone.

It never worked because teams were not afraid of us running it up the gut to score. They just played press man coverage and waited for JG to throw the ball in the redzone.

The D adjusted, but it was still there. We just didn’t execute.

VN Store

Back