TIFWIW from a source reasonably close to Athletics

The amount of sarcastic responses that the average rumor post gets is the single worst part about this site. It gets so old.
1-Please-Tell-Me-More-Meme.jpg

Why in the world would a one year wonder with a offense that none of our players are recruited to play in, even be on our potential hiring list. He has not been at a major college and never hired a power 5 coaching staff. My guess is he’s not on any list for a position that is not yet open. 👎
Recognize it or not, Chadwell is a proven winner and has a QB coming with him (should he take a job elsewhere). Won everywhere he has been and has a stable coaching staff. Is he a stretch? Of course he is......but youre not getting a big time D1 coach proven winner, desired by the known world, to come take this job at this time given the surrounding mess and mismanagement of the program. I'd give Chad a chance. It will take 3 years to get back up to par with legit SEC caliber players after all the transfers out of here. But I think none of us trust the powers that be to get this even close to right.

Reactions: MBVolFan
The Copper Basin DQ's night manager has a second cousin twice removed connected by marriage only has the same connection and he told me the same thing. It must be true. It's science!!

Just so I'm clear, are you his sports agent or real estate agent? Asking for my real estate friend.
Im a life long Vol fan who grew up 60 miles from UTK, whose entire family attended and graduated from UTK. Been following every game, every move this program has made for 5 decades. I've earned the right to post a comment. Don't care how much crap one gets from the idiots that chose to snipe. Im on here for information and to offer my opinion. Feel the need to take shots? I dont give a rats a@@.

Chadwell seems to be riding the coattails of a great QB. Same thing happened with Scott Frost. I’d like to see Chadwell do it with another QB. If he can produce with a different QB like we’ve seen people like Mullen and Freeze do then it could be a great hire... not sold yet tho.
No he's not. This kid is a freshman and oh by the way, he recruited him and coached him up!

Reactions: the_great_pumpkin
Y'all gripe about these threads but then y'all run through seven pages of the same old responses. Did the thread title really fool that many of you?

OP, thanks for sharing. Doesn't seem to be any new information, but at this point everybody should share everything they hear. Since the university has gone to complete silence.

Recognize it or not, Chadwell is a proven winner and has a QB coming with him (should he take a job elsewhere). Won everywhere he has been and has a stable coaching staff. Is he a stretch? Of course he is......but youre not getting a big time D1 coach proven winner, desired by the known world, to come take this job at this time given the surrounding mess and mismanagement of the program. I'd give Chad a chance. It will take 3 years to get back up to par with legit SEC caliber players after all the transfers out of here. But I think none of us trust the powers that be to get this even close to right.

Nope been there done that, we are not a training ground for up and coming coaches that never make it in the power five. We need a seasoned coach with SEC expierence. Yes they will come, money rules the decision, if we are not cheap we can get whatever coach we want.

Hire Chadwell and Tennessee will be looking for a new head coach in December 2023.

Reactions: govols105
I know that it isn't an apples to apples comparison, but to me Chadwell is like Bruce Pearl was before UT hired him. He had success at smaller schools, and they took a flier on him based upon potential. Chadwell has won three conference titles at his prior stops, and has shown the ability to build a program into a winner. Can he do it in the SEC? No one will know until it happens, but he took a team picked to finish last in their conference and severely over achieved.
Basketball is entirely different than football. Mid-majors in basketball are a lot closer to power 5 competitiveness as opposed to football where the gap is way bigger. Butch Jones also won some conference titles before coming here and look how that turned out. I get it, he needs a chance for people to really judge if Chadwell is legit. However, we are at a point in our program where we can't afford to take another chance and hope for the best.

Basketball is entirely different than football. Mid-majors in basketball are a lot closer to power 5 competitiveness as opposed to football where the gap is way bigger. Butch Jones also won some conference titles before coming here and look how that turned out. I get it, he needs a chance for people to really judge if Chadwell is legit. However, we are at a point in our program where we can't afford to take another chance and hope for the best.

I acknowledge that the two are not the same. That said, Butch won conference titles with Brian Kelly's teams, which isn't necessarily a fair comparison to young Jamey, either. In an ideal world, we hire a sure thing, but I think we all expect Tennessee's administration to fail at that. I don't know what we'll do, but to me Chadwell should be the floor if a change is made. He is a guy that you know will come home and take the job if we can't get Herman or Freeze or whomever else. He also has a potentially high ceiling, but also the chance for a low floor.

At this point, the tea leaves seem to suggest to me that we're not even firing Jeremy Pruitt, because I really don't know how to square this Kevin Steel hire otherwise. Sure, there is the conspiracy angle, but I don't have faith that UT could actually act out something as complicated as would be necessary to either have a guy that want's Steele ready to take the job or for Steele to be an interim and sell that in a palatable fashion.

Im a life long Vol fan who grew up 60 miles from UTK, whose entire family attended and graduated from UTK. Been following every game, every move this program has made for 5 decades. I've earned the right to post a comment. Don't care how much crap one gets from the idiots that chose to snipe. Im on here for information and to offer my opinion. Feel the need to take shots? I dont give a rats a@@.
I think either I replied to the wrong person or you replied to the wrong person. Either way, have a nice day!

Reactions: HiltonHeadVol
Nope been there done that, we are not a training ground for up and coming coaches that never make it in the power five. We need a seasoned coach with SEC expierence. Yes they will come, money rules the decision, if we are not cheap we can get whatever coach we want.

source.gif

I would like to believe you but I just can't see it.
While I agree with what we need, what we need and what we can get, are in my opinion, two different things.

VN Store

Back