TIFWIW from a source reasonably close to Athletics

RockyTop865

I spoke with a friend who currently works at the University and is connected well with those in athletics. Apparently the feeling is that they would have liked to stay with Pruitt for 5-6 years but now we are too far gone with Pruitt, but need a reasonable exit strategy that works for all parties. More than likely he will be here next year but there also has been a name being discussed the past couple days for replacement...Jamey Chadwell, who also coincidentally is originally from East Tennessee. Now I do not know how far along this is, or even if it is only speculation at this point.

Now I don't claim to be an insider, nor do I regularly get info, but this friend has given me accurate info in the past. Really I am just as tired of not hearing anything as everyone else is, so I figured I would post the littlest bit that I heard. I am sure I will catch crap from the board as VolNation typically does to people, but that's all i got.

I spoke with a friend who currently works at the University and is connected well with those in athletics. Apparently the feeling is that they would have liked to stay with Pruitt for 5-6 years but now we are too far gone with Pruitt, but need a reasonable exit strategy that works for all parties. More than likely he will be here next year but there also has been a name being discussed the past couple days for replacement...Jamey Chadwell, who also coincidentally is originally from East Tennessee. Now I do not know how far along this is, or even if it is only speculation at this point.

Now I don't claim to be an insider, nor do I regularly get info, but this friend has given me accurate info in the past. Really I am just as tired of not hearing anything as everyone else is, so I figured I would post the littlest bit that I heard. I am sure I will catch crap from the board as VolNation typically does to people, but that's all i got.

Lmao... God, please let this be the last one of these...

The one truth we all can agree on is that there is some wheeling and dealing going on behind closed doors so any scenario could be true right now.

That's not a truth we can all agree on, there is little no proof it is true other than a few guesses by the sports media. It doesn't take a genius to see our 3-7 record and think that Pruitt is likely in trouble but we have no clue if that is true or not. We do know that Fulmer made a statement during the bowl season that Pruitt would be our coach moving forward and that was after our terrible season. People are simply speculating that since there is an investigation then surely it means Pruitt is gone. It is just as likely that this investigation is nothing more than a mere formality

I think Chadwell might be a name on the list of potential coaches...especially if they can Steele a few good assistants to be on staff...but its too early to know who's the chosen one

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Good grief Chadwell? I guess if that’s the best we can do. So be it. Just a continuation of mediocrity. I guess we will be in this same spot in 3-4 years from now.

I’m not a fan of Chadwell either but I would take him over Marrone any day of the week.

I pray this is correct, I'd be ecstatic with Chadwell. Let's do this... GBO

Lol so if we are too far gone on Pruitt why let him have another year. Tell your source he's FOS

Hi Jamey, you tired of the beach already?

That's not a truth we can all agree on, there is little no proof it is true other than a few guesses by the sports media. It doesn't take a genius to see our 3-7 record and think that Pruitt is likely in trouble but we have no clue if that is true or not. We do know that Fulmer made a statement during the bowl season that Pruitt would be our coach moving forward and that was after our terrible season. People are simply speculating that since there is an investigation then surely it means Pruitt is gone. It is just as likely that this investigation is nothing more than a mere formality
This is true. What people need to understand is that the sole goal of sports media people is to get clicks or listeners. For the local ones this time of year is the dead zone. By stiring the pot the get more clicks and listeners. Finebaum has made a career out of stoking disgruntaled fan bases and taking pot shots at coaches.

VN Store

Back